Moparts

Heat only on passenger's side 2010 Liberty

Posted By: V10nacuda

Heat only on passenger's side 2010 Liberty - 01/29/19 04:09 PM

Do these have separate blend doors for the expensive models or something? Got just a base liberty and the heat in the driver's side is cold...middle and passengers side are fine!!!
I replace the cabin filters but nothing.. I don't think a 1/2 clogged heater core would do this??

Any ideas from experienced guys??

Tks
V10
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: Heat only on passenger's side 2010 Liberty - 01/29/19 06:05 PM

Inoperative blend door would be my guess. 2ยข

Robert
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Heat only on passenger's side 2010 Liberty - 01/29/19 07:19 PM

It sounds like the blend door actuator possibly.Any odd noises or clicking?
Posted By: SALEM1912

Re: Heat only on passenger's side 2010 Liberty - 01/30/19 04:23 AM

Flush the heater core. Have found that the cores flow is different than you would think. It is possible for the coolant to go in and only flow in tank that has the two hoses never making it across the whole core. JMO
Posted By: rhad

Re: Heat only on passenger's side 2010 Liberty - 01/30/19 07:03 AM

[quote=SALEM1912]Flush the heater core. Have found that the cores flow is different than you would think. It is possible for the coolant to go in and only flow in tank that has the two hoses never making it across the whole core. JMO

the only way the coolant can go in one side and out the other is if the heater core is bad letting the coolant bypass the core,flushing it wont help it at all,nor is that why you only have heat out of one side!!

Re: Heat only on passenger's side 2010 Liberty - 02/03/19 11:14 PM

Originally Posted By larrymopar360
It sounds like the blend door actuator possibly.Any odd noises or clicking?

Blend door appears to be functioning properly now that it's starting to warm up I will try flushing the core
Posted By: Twostick

Re: Heat only on passenger's side 2010 Liberty - 02/11/19 07:27 AM

Originally Posted By SALEM1912
Flush the heater core. Have found that the cores flow is different than you would think. It is possible for the coolant to go in and only flow in tank that has the two hoses never making it across the whole core. JMO

iagree

If the heater core flows the same as the one in my 03 Ram, that's the problem. Assuming the heater box is similar, it has a divider in it that isolates each side of the heater core. The way the core flows, one side can plug up while the other side still flows. My 03 did the same thing, cold on the driver's side, hot on the passenger side.

Kevin
Posted By: SALEM1912

Re: Heat only on passenger's side 2010 Liberty - 02/12/19 04:20 AM

Don't know why they do it that way, you almost have to take it apart to understand the way it flows. Putting a garden hose and flushing forward and backwards helps loosen some up. I worth a try unless you like doing heater cores.

Re: Heat only on passenger's side 2010 Liberty - 02/12/19 06:29 AM

the divider in the tank is so the coolant WILL flow thru the core and NOT bypass it
radiator repair 37 years!!!

Re: Heat only on passenger's side 2010 Liberty - 02/13/19 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By rhad
the divider in the tank is so the coolant WILL flow thru the core and NOT bypass it
radiator repair 37 years!!!

RHAD
When you say tank you mean the tanks on the core? So does this core clog the lower 1/2 which is the drivers side ( theoretically) causing no heat on driver and hot as expected on passengers. I just watched a video of the core replacement. Im not digging replacing the core..thats not leaking

Re: Heat only on passenger's side 2010 Liberty - 02/14/19 07:31 AM

i looked up a picture of your heater core on rock auto,the way its made you basically have a connection on each tank on the core and it does not use a divider in one of the tanks,think of a cross flow radiator and it will look similar,in your case if the core stands up in the car like the picture shows then the bottom part of the core will plug first,if it lays on its side then the lower part of the tubes in the core will plug first,you might get some improvement by back flushing the core,tho im not sure that one part heats one side and the other side heats the other side,IF you car has dual temp control so you can have different settings on each side then its most likely a blend door problem,one side of the door moving and the other side not moving,IF it has dual temp it will most likely have two motors and they will control each door separately,so it could be a motor problem,the older grand Cherokees were well known for blend door problems,a good look at a manual showing the system could tell you a LOT
im interested in what you find!!

Re: Heat only on passenger's side 2010 Liberty - 11/26/19 07:12 PM

well I finally got around to dealing with this problem. I found a YouTube video of somebody flushing the heater core with CLR. See the link below and I think it took two cycles for me for it to actually make a difference. I think something can be said about forcing the water out quickly to carry out the contaminants .

heat fix

This help somebody

V10
© 2024 Moparts Forums