Moparts

Cross ram or tunnel ram, undecided.

Posted By: moparborn

Cross ram or tunnel ram, undecided. - 10/01/18 12:39 AM

Okay so I am starting to build my big block Stroker, it's going to be a slow process, I figure two years from this coming spring.
I have acquired a dual quad tunnel ram like I am running now but I have also acquired long ram manifolds.
I know that going with the tunnel ram I have a lot of the work already done.
With the cross rams it would be a whole lot more work but I think it would be alot cooler.
What would be your constructive thoughts on it.
Oh yeah ,keep in mind that this will be another twin turbo setup.
Posted By: W.I.N. Racing

Re: Cross ram or tunnel ram, undecided. - 10/01/18 03:12 AM

like these??

Attached picture 1 (65).jpg

Re: Cross ram or tunnel ram, undecided. - 10/01/18 03:16 AM

had them both

Attached picture 1 (13).jpg

Re: Cross ram or tunnel ram, undecided. - 10/01/18 03:27 AM

Yeppers.
I am running the turbos on a tunnel ram now,but always liked the cross ram setup.
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: Cross ram or tunnel ram, undecided. - 10/01/18 06:44 PM

The longram would maybe be easier packaging and be able to be kept under hood. The tunnel Ram is way better for hp in a NA app and likely flows better, but since you’re going turbos, it probably doesn’t matter as much. The long ram would make better torque down low and likely help spool the turbos quicker. I’d also say for visual effect a twin turbo long ram would be pretty mind blowing. I’d go with long rams
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Cross ram or tunnel ram, undecided. - 10/06/18 08:19 PM

The cross rams are cool but the flow is so terribly limited with them that I can't see it making any sense to not use the tunnel instead.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Cross ram or tunnel ram, undecided. - 10/27/18 08:18 AM

Originally Posted By DaytonaTurbo
The cross rams are cool but the flow is so terribly limited with them that I can't see it making any sense to not use the tunnel instead.
iagree
I seemed to remember that Chrysler made three different versions(length of the inside of the runners) and none of them made peak HP above 4200 RPM back then shruggy
OP, on your deal if you want different then use the long rams, if you want power with a lot wider HP and torque band then the tunnel ram is the only one that makes since to me up work
Which brand tunnel ram do you have, not all of them are equal to each other

Re: Cross ram or tunnel ram, undecided. - 10/27/18 04:06 PM

I agree with the difference between tunnel ram and the long Rams for hp, but considering it's a stroker with twin turbos,my rpm's will not be high.
I am not worried about every single horse and pound of torque I can get but I do want it to perform good.
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Cross ram or tunnel ram, undecided. - 10/30/18 08:03 PM

I love cross rams & have run a couple of the years & still have an original magnesium cross ram that was all cut up for Super Stock racing by the back in the day Ray Barton mods. I decided to go with a tunnel ram on my latest build.

Re: Cross ram or tunnel ram, undecided. - 10/31/18 12:51 AM

Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
iagree
I seemed to remember that Chrysler made three different versions(length of the inside of the runners)

they made two...Long Ram 30" and Short Ram 15" peak tq on the long ram was at 2800rpm and I cant remember on the short ram...but it was higher shruggy
Posted By: ric3xrt

Re: Cross ram or tunnel ram, undecided. - 11/01/18 06:16 PM

Originally Posted By W.I.N. racing
Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
iagree
I seemed to remember that Chrysler made three different versions(length of the inside of the runners)

they made two...Long Ram 30" and Short Ram 15" peak tq on the long ram was at 2800rpm and I cant remember on the short ram...but it was higher shruggy

3500/3600 for the 15 inch.

OP if you go Long ram, are you going Carb or injection ?
Back in the Mid 90s , mopar action had a write up on doing a injection set up with carb bodies, E-booger(Erinburg..not sure if that's spelled right)
My dad converted a short ram over to Injection setup similar to the one lap Valiant
Peak power rose up to about 5500.

W.I.N was your brown truck in MCG once ? or Mopar Muscle I think it was a photo of your truck that inspired my dad to put the short ram on his D100, article said something about using 2 Van brake booster to move the booster over far enough to clear the D-side carb.

Re: Cross ram or tunnel ram, undecided. - 11/01/18 07:12 PM

I will be running twin turbos to a pair of fitech throttle bodies.
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Cross ram or tunnel ram, undecided. - 11/02/18 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By moparborn
I will be running twin turbos to a pair of fitech throttle bodies.

I will be someday also....

Attached picture 100_1455 [640x480].jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums