Moparts

78 power wagon, no fuel gauge, no turn signals....

Posted By: Moparnut426

78 power wagon, no fuel gauge, no turn signals.... - 08/31/18 02:37 PM

I think I know the answer, but I wanted to check

The gauges are dead, and to turn signals also and last time I remember the relay in the dash is he culprit. This truck it will come and go though.

Totally random ill get the gauge back then things work. Am I thinking correctly?

Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: 78 power wagon, no fuel gauge, no turn signals.... - 08/31/18 04:04 PM

I'm looking at a 77 electrical schematic and I don't know what relay you are talking about, I don't see one. If you mean the little voltage regulator that only looks to affect the fuel, temp and oil pressure gauges. I don't see where there is any connection to it and the turn signals.
Posted By: krautrock

Re: 78 power wagon, no fuel gauge, no turn signals.... - 08/31/18 09:08 PM

^ yeah
gauges in my truck don't work (it has mechanical ones added), pretty sure the voltage reg is the problem.
my turn signals still work...
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: 78 power wagon, no fuel gauge, no turn signals.... - 08/31/18 10:00 PM

I wonder if your turn signal indicators being inop are merely a coincidence? Those go out a lot on older Mopars because of the sockets or the circuit boards and a poor contact between the two.

Re: 78 power wagon, no fuel gauge, no turn signals.... - 08/31/18 10:06 PM

You're talking about this I guess. Part #3592899

Attached picture gaugeVL.jpg

Re: 78 power wagon, no fuel gauge, no turn signals.... - 08/31/18 10:10 PM

This may be a more accurate pic

Attached picture Mopar3592899.jpg
Posted By: duster2

Re: 78 power wagon, no fuel gauge, no turn signals.... - 09/01/18 10:13 PM

I have about the same thing , with my 76 Trailduster. I was wondering it had something to do with the steering column wiring harness , turn signal and such.

Frank

Re: 78 power wagon, no fuel gauge, no turn signals.... - 09/01/18 10:26 PM

Originally Posted By duster2
I have about the same thing , with my 76 Trailduster. I was wondering it had something to do with the steering column wiring harness , turn signal and such.

Frank
No because that wiring wouldn't effect gauges. Or do you mean JUST your turn signal indicators? If just signal indicators, I'd bet just your bulb sockets/circuit board connection or bulbs themselves.
Posted By: duster2

Re: 78 power wagon, no fuel gauge, no turn signals.... - 09/02/18 12:35 PM

Turn signals , gas gauge and seems like some other things not working. The Trailduster is not running at this time , or I would check it more closely. ( it has fuel line and carb problems from sitting a while )

Frank
© 2024 Moparts Forums