Moparts

radator filter ???

Posted By: dragon

radator filter ??? - 06/03/18 07:08 AM

has anyone heard of a filter that goes in the return line just before the radiator to filter the water someone told me he seen one I had my plug up
with some kind of white stuff do not know what it was but had to replace it 2004 1500 4.7 85000 miles
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: radator filter ??? - 06/03/18 12:47 PM

Never heard of a radiator filter. work
Maybe they were thinking about the check valve in the trans cooler lines. shruggy I've heard they give problems stopping up.
Sounds like you had some kind of stop-leak in your radiator. Did you buy the truck used?

Tim
Posted By: thehemikid

Re: radator filter ??? - 06/03/18 04:20 PM

I've seen an inline aluminum water filter that looks very similar to this inline thermostat but didn't find in a current google.

https://www.bing.com/th?id=OIP.HSvdnBYYR...o=5&pid=1.7

Also believe there was a discussion on Sweptline about an old style canister type that filtered inline of the heater hoses.
Posted By: ruderunner

Re: radator filter ??? - 06/05/18 01:51 AM

Pretty sure semis use em.
Posted By: grancuda

Re: radator filter ??? - 06/05/18 04:04 AM

I ran one on my '69 RoadRunner. The block had a lot of scaly rust & I had a new radiator I didn't want junk in. Worked good, just a little screen.

Attached picture IMG_5611.PNG
Posted By: grancuda

Re: radator filter ??? - 06/05/18 04:23 AM

It's called Trap from Golan Products.

Attached picture IMG_5612.PNG
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: radator filter ??? - 06/05/18 05:15 PM

A cheaper alternative?

https://www.brewerygaskets.com/tri-clamp-screen-gasket-1-5-black-buna-80-mesh/
Posted By: ahy

Re: radator filter ??? - 06/14/18 02:59 AM

If the block is well flushed and clean coolant is a filter needed?

A good basic block flush uses water (hose) and compressed air. Fill the block with water, turn on the air to blast it out and repeat as needed. The setup to do this can be purchased or made DIY.

Even better is pull the freeze plugs, use tools to loosen and remove crud in the water jackets, replace plugs and then flush.
Posted By: Rug_Trucker

Re: radator filter ??? - 11/07/18 08:02 PM

I have seen spin on filters, nothing new. Back in the 80's my Mack had a factory one. Also had coolant conditioner in it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums