Moparts

Crew cab rear door panels

Posted By: dodgedon

Crew cab rear door panels - 04/19/18 07:54 AM

I posted a wanted ad for a pair of interior door panels for my 85 crew cab but need to clarify what years will work. This is for the rear doors and I know they were the same in the 70's and up to 85. But what is the year range? I believe the 72 panels were different and 73?? So am I looking for 74-85? Thanks for any details you can give...

Re: Crew cab rear door panels - 04/23/18 12:19 AM

Someone must have an answer for this??
Posted By: Jwilli500

Re: Crew cab rear door panels - 04/23/18 07:17 PM

I know the rear door panels on my 84 are an older style than my front door panels. I'm assuming they just used the same rear panels on all of them after 72 or 73.

Re: Crew cab rear door panels - 04/24/18 06:35 AM

Yes they are the older 70's style on the back doors. That is what I'm asking... I have seen a 72 and this had different door panels on the front and rear. It was only a guess when I said the rear door panels were used from 74-85. Would that be correct?
I want to post the correct years in my wanted ad in case others didn't realize that they never changed the rear panels when the new for 81 body came out.
Posted By: demon

Re: Crew cab rear door panels - 04/25/18 06:30 AM

Originally Posted By dodgedon
I posted a wanted ad for a pair of interior door panels for my 85 crew cab but need to clarify what years will work. This is for the rear doors and I know they were the same in the 70's and up to 85. But what is the year range? I believe the 72 panels were different and 73?? So am I looking for 74-85? Thanks for any details you can give...

1975 is when the "new" rear door panels came out. To match the plastic, clip on front door panels appearance that also were new for 75

Re: Crew cab rear door panels - 04/25/18 06:51 AM

Thank you for the reply! SO for crew cab rear door panels the year ranges are 72-74 and 75-85.

OK I just looked at 74 dodge trucks online and these have the 72 style panel like I had seen before. Thanks again!
Posted By: demon

Re: Crew cab rear door panels - 04/25/18 04:00 PM

That's correct
Posted By: YYZ

Re: Crew cab rear door panels - 04/25/18 04:27 PM

Also, FWIW, the rear panels are made of fiberglass -- not injection moulded plastic like the front ones. So even if you were to fabricate your own panels, they wouldn't necessarily look out of place.

Re: Crew cab rear door panels - 04/26/18 03:34 PM

I thought they might be fiberglass. Thank you. Now if I could find someone to sell me a pair that would be great.....
Posted By: BIGGERED

Re: Crew cab rear door panels - 04/27/18 02:12 AM

Here are some parts numbers, I can scan a few other years if that helps out.

Thank you

Attached picture image.jpeg
Posted By: jcruse64

Re: Crew cab rear door panels - 04/27/18 02:12 AM

There is a guy on one of the FB groups with a '77 crew, and he had a set of the 72-74 metal panels. He got measurements on a set of fiberglass rear door panels, and chopped and welded one of the metal sets for a perfect fit. Turned out great!

Re: Crew cab rear door panels - 04/27/18 05:53 AM

Thank you Biggered. Its always nice to have factory part numbers.

Re: Crew cab rear door panels - 04/27/18 05:56 AM

Originally Posted By jcruse64
There is a guy on one of the FB groups with a '77 crew, and he had a set of the 72-74 metal panels. He got measurements on a set of fiberglass rear door panels, and chopped and welded one of the metal sets for a perfect fit. Turned out great!

Did he make something custom? Or he just could not find an original set?
Posted By: jcruse64

Re: Crew cab rear door panels - 04/29/18 12:44 AM

I don't think he had a rear set that was in good shape, but he had at least one extra set of metal door panels from 72-74 in good shape, so he took a shot at it. From looking at some of his vehicles he's posted, he's pretty accomplished at fab and welding. He posted pics of his progress, and they turned out VERY well. Good enough that I would definitely send him some to do, if I ever come across another pair in decent shape. I have one set in great shape for the front doors of my '73 crew, and my fiberglass panels are not in great shape.
He took a section from the middle of the panels, then welded the 2 pieces back together. From the pictures, I could not tell they had ever been touched; they turned out great.

Re: Crew cab rear door panels - 08/06/18 08:23 PM

Pulling this topic up for guitar jones. Not sure how to link back to an old topic
© 2024 Moparts Forums