Moparts

need help trailer brake wiring on 97 2500

Posted By: 3wracing

need help trailer brake wiring on 97 2500 - 10/29/17 06:43 PM

Hi need help i recenly bought a 1997 dodge ram 2500 4 wheel drive. It has the 7 prong plug with hitch for trailer towing. It does not have the brake controller. My owners manual says under the steering column to the left is the wiring to hookup a brake controller. Is anyone familiar with this wiring maybe a description or picture? thanks for any Help.
Posted By: amxautox

Re: need help trailer brake wiring on 97 2500 - 10/29/17 07:43 PM

It's been posted before, not a whole long time ago, maybe in the Q&A Forum. Been way too long since I did mine, in '98, to remember stuff, but if I remember correctly the connection, which is whitish I think, was a bit hidden behind some wiring. There were instructions and a drawing in the glove compartment of the truck, and wiring with connector in the bag.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: need help trailer brake wiring on 97 2500 - 10/29/17 11:13 PM

it might be that 4 wire blue connector attached to the side of the bulkhead connector to the left of the steering column.

....or it might not have any of the wiring except for the blue wire running back to the hitch. They liked to hide that single wire to the left of the steering column, sometimes under the carpet. Pretty old truck... and they did change a few things back in those days.
© 2024 Moparts Forums