Moparts

First gen dakota power steering rack fitting size

Posted By: 5280Dart

First gen dakota power steering rack fitting size - 09/11/17 05:08 AM

Anyone know what the pressure side hose fitting size is on a first gen dakota 2wd.

Tried a Russle 5/8-18 to AN fitting bUt the o-ring seat is about .100" short of seating, and the threads are a bit loose. I'm connecting to a gen III hemi pump, so a factory replacment hose for the dakota is not a sure bet, and I already have the rest of the braided hose assembly. .. thanks in advance
Posted By: poorboy

Re: First gen dakota power steering rack fitting size - 09/11/17 05:41 AM

I promise the ps hose fitting on the Hemi will not match up with anything older. You may be a lot farther ahead to use the end from the Dakota and have the hose custom built.

I have a couple 91 Dakotas here, but I have no idea how one would identify what size the fitting is. I believe the fitting on the rack is a removable fitting, maybe it can be changed with something else? I'll look tomorrow if i get a chance. Gene
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: First gen dakota power steering rack fitting size - 09/11/17 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By 5280Dart
Anyone know what the pressure side hose fitting size is on a first gen dakota 2wd.

Tried a Russle 5/8-18 to AN fitting bUt the o-ring seat is about .100" short of seating, and the threads are a bit loose.

Might be 16MM metric.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rus-670531/overview/
Posted By: ccarson

Re: First gen dakota power steering rack fitting size - 09/12/17 04:18 AM

Call Stear & Gear in Columbus they will know
Posted By: 5280Dart

Re: First gen dakota power steering rack fitting size - 09/13/17 06:33 PM

The answer is 18 mm x 1.5.
© 2024 Moparts Forums