Moparts

Good repro wheel source?

Posted By: larrymopar360

Good repro wheel source? - 08/11/17 06:31 PM

I got a 1979 Power Wagon brochure, and I really like the optional "Five Slot Chrome Styled Wheel" listed as an option. I'd like to find a set of nice used or new repro's. I already checked Wheel Vintiques and of course a bunch of Chebby truck stuff. Anyone know of a source for repro vintage Dodge Truck wheels? Also, I know they are 15" (no, I don't want to go taller, I want to keep stock size), but does anyone know the width? 8"? Thanks.

I'm also going to post in online swap meet.
Posted By: BIGGERED

Re: Good repro wheel source? - 08/11/17 10:04 PM

http://www.dodgeconnection.com/inventory_reduction.html

4x4 8" wide

Up to 78 a 2wd received 7" front 8" back

Consider boxing the driver side frame rail around the steering box as that is a weak point on those trucks and 8" wide rims on the front contributes to the issue. There is also a steering box brace which may have been part of a recall. Dodge connection has repopped the brace.

The best way to restore the rims is to cut the centers out replate and install in a new hoop.

15x7 4036089

15x8 4036091

Red

Re: Good repro wheel source? - 08/11/17 10:23 PM

Thanks Red!

I think what is on it when I bought it are 10". The tires are 33x12.50. I don't want these big mud tires on there.

I'll look into the braces you wrote of for sure! Right now the truck is finally at my buddies with a lift. He's looking into the leaks for me (probably oil pan, rear main, trans). He has tire machine so I'd like to take care of this while it's there. I just joined Dodge Connection. Thanks.
Posted By: BIGGERED

Re: Good repro wheel source? - 08/14/17 02:35 PM

Just saw these probably not a bad option?

5 slot chrome repro wheels

Red
Posted By: buildanother

Re: Good repro wheel source? - 08/14/17 02:50 PM

They're the same rims as lil red trucks for 79. They are still around but will usually need re-chroming as they loved to rust.

Re: Good repro wheel source? - 08/14/17 08:19 PM

Yep I checked them out and the plain steel slotted ones which are much less. They were out of town until today. Still would need the center pieces with the chrome ones, whereas with the plain ones I think I could get away with no center piece and still look ok.

I've already bought a TON of NOS stuff from them.
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Good repro wheel source? - 08/15/17 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By buildanother
They're the same rims as lil red trucks for 79. They are still around but will usually need re-chroming as they loved to rust.

I have a set of four that came on a 70' Road Runner that I just put on Craigslist for sale. They are 15" X 8". As mentioned they all need re-chromed.

Re: Good repro wheel source? - 08/16/17 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By 6PKRTSE

I have a set of four that came on a 70' Road Runner that I just put on Craigslist for sale. They are 15" X 8". As mentioned they all need re-chromed.
Will you ship and if so the link please.

Re: Good repro wheel source? - 08/16/17 03:24 PM

Sorry, I should have mentioned. They have tires mounted on them & tires are pretty much junk. I don't have a way to remove them unless I pay a tire shop to remove the tires?

Re: Good repro wheel source? - 08/16/17 03:28 PM

Originally Posted By larrymopar360
Originally Posted By 6PKRTSE

Will you ship and if so the link please.

I sent you a PM with the link for the C.L. add.

Re: Good repro wheel source? - 08/29/17 09:05 PM

I'm still looking at the repro wheels BIGGERED linked for me. They do custom sizes.

Does anyone know what the factory lug pattern (where they 4.5 on the trucks too?), lug hole and center opening size, and back spacing was on the slotted wheels one could get as an option on a '79 Truck? I don't want to order a special order wheel that I can't return and have it be wrong.

I haven't been able find this information. All I know is they were 15x8.

Thank you.

Posted By: LilRed7879

Re: Good repro wheel source? - 08/30/17 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By larrymopar360
I'm still looking at the repro wheels BIGGERED linked for me. They do custom sizes.

Does anyone know what the factory lug pattern (where they 4.5 on the trucks too?), lug hole and center opening size, and back spacing was on the slotted wheels one could get as an option on a '79 Truck? I don't want to order a special order wheel that I can't return and have it be wrong.

I haven't been able find this information. All I know is they were 15x8.

Thank you.

I believe...

4.5" bolt pattern
4" back spacing
center bore is 3.125"

Re: Good repro wheel source? - 08/30/17 11:00 PM

Thank you! I'm loving the repro slotted wheels and saving for them.
© 2024 Moparts Forums