Moparts

Score? Got me some Dakota parts for cheap.

Posted By: SattyNoCar

Score? Got me some Dakota parts for cheap. - 06/17/17 02:30 AM

Came across THIS ad on CL today and got in touch with the guy.

Both front fenders, core support, and AC condenser (looks new) for $75.00 shock

Turns out the guy is building a Rat Rod out of an old International and bought this Dak just for the frame.

I got what I needed, but, may go back for more.

Too bad hp383 is so far away, the back bumper is rust free.

To fix this:

Posted By: poorboy

Re: Score? Got me some Dakota parts for cheap. - 06/17/17 02:56 AM

I just cut the sides off a pretty clean 91 8' box today! No one wanted it, and I need the floor to add my 39 box side onto.

I also stripped out the truck for the frame. Its not nearly as nice as the one you posted pictures of, but several parts are very usable. This one has very nice doors. I'll keep them around for a while, but the reality is they will probably turn to crap in a few years and I'll end up scrapping them just like the rest of the stuff.

No one around here wants early Dakota parts except for the frames. Gene

Re: Score? Got me some Dakota parts for cheap. - 06/17/17 03:21 AM

Around here, prices are all over the map for early Dakotas. I've been trying to find a complete truck for parts, but they are either too expensive or too far away (I don't have a truck and trailer).

The bed the guy had looked cherry, but, the previous owner cut a two foot hole in the bed floor to service the fuel pump rather than lift the bed or drop the tank. And they didn't patch it very well. sawzall spank
Posted By: Silver70

Re: Score? Got me some Dakota parts for cheap. - 06/17/17 06:12 PM

I got nice parts sitting in the storage trailer here... no idea what the stuffs worth, but for 75 sounds like you either got a deal, or not worth selling what's here laugh2

Re: Score? Got me some Dakota parts for cheap. - 06/17/17 07:57 PM

If I had gone to a Pick-A-Part yard, I would have spent about $160.00. +/- and gotten sunburned....... panic

So, to have the parts off and rust free, $75.00 seemed like a good deal to me.

I'd still like to find a V8 parts truck for cheap.....
Posted By: Ron_M

Re: Score? Got me some Dakota parts for cheap. - 06/18/17 04:03 AM

Sweet deal. I'd love to score a rust free bed for mine.

Re: Score? Got me some Dakota parts for cheap. - 06/18/17 05:05 AM

Originally Posted By Ron_M
Sweet deal. I'd love to score a rust free bed for mine.

Know somebody that could transport it for you? Aside from the poorly patched hole in the floor, the bed was in good shape.
Posted By: johnnycuda

Re: Score? Got me some Dakota parts for cheap. - 06/22/17 07:03 PM

Can you see if the truck had a A500 trans?, I need the plug/pigtail for one, its oval with 2-wires from it, no luck around here at salvage yards. I would gladly you for it and shipping, I installed the trans in a '69 Valiant, got the trans as a core and had it rebuilt.

Re: Score? Got me some Dakota parts for cheap. - 06/23/17 02:33 AM

The truck had been a 5spd. Engine, trans, and wiring harness were the first things to be sold off I was told.

For his Rat Rod project, he's using an old Ford Y-block, so the Dakota bits were of no use.

Sorry. frown

Re: Score? Got me some Dakota parts for cheap. - 06/23/17 05:55 PM

Its ok, thank you for letting me know, I may have found a place online that has new pigtails.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Score? Got me some Dakota parts for cheap. - 06/24/17 03:16 AM

Johnnycuda, what years did the plug you need come on? You have a picture? I have a 91 Dakota here that was an OD auto trans truck, but the wiring harness is in a pile with other wiring harnesses. If I can identify the plug your looking for, I'd send it to you.

I also have the engine & trans harness off a 2003 Hemi truck, but that's probably too new. Gene

Re: Score? Got me some Dakota parts for cheap. - 06/26/17 08:54 PM

The trans is from a 87-91, plug is oval with 2-wires plugs into the case by the shift levers, it it next to the neutral safety switch plug, which is round with 3 wires I believe.
I can email or text a pic to you if thats ok, I will gladly pay you for it. Thanks!
© 2024 Moparts Forums