Moparts

help!

Posted By: BigTerry

help! - 03/25/17 01:33 AM

hi guys!
i have a 08 ram with 5.7 hemi..
i got a water leak! it in the bellhousing area, how differcult
to change out freeze plugs, are is it leaking somewhere esle?
i'm really at my end wits with my truck.. i just dont have the money to work on it right now... got to change my waterpump out im thinking my heatercore is leaking.. i need help!!!!
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: help! - 03/25/17 02:06 AM

Wrong forum.

Try the truck page
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: help! - 03/25/17 04:13 AM

Are you sure it's inside the bellhousing area. Hemi's have 2 metal heater tubes that run from front to back of the engine, to the rubber hoses. Maybe the tubes rotted out or the rubber hoses are leaking.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: help! - 03/25/17 04:48 AM

Borrow your wife's hand mirror and see what you can see of the back of the engine.

Re: help! - 03/25/17 02:40 PM

Well coolant is leaking from between the engine and trans area..if the heaterline are running close to that area then maybe that the problem.. I will check that out more closely! Thank You i didn't think about!
Posted By: d-150

Re: help! - 03/25/17 10:30 PM

if your waterpump is leaking the fan will blow coolant all over the place.i thought a freeze plug went bad on the back of a 4.0 jeep ended up being the pump

Re: help! - 03/26/17 06:26 PM

which heater line is the inlet?

Re: help! - 03/26/17 06:31 PM

i been getting puddles in front of the truck sometime not..
the day before i had a puddle just under the engine.. that has confuse me since i seen no freeze plug on pictures of this 5.7 in the bellhousing area.. waterpump hasn't shown any water trail till the last couple of week so i'm sure it need to be replace..truck got a 150000 miles on her..
© 2024 Moparts Forums