Moparts

weird no start prob with 05 ram diesel

Posted By: ogopogo

weird no start prob with 05 ram diesel - 03/22/17 08:17 PM

Every once in a while though more and more often,when i turn the key to crank the engine on my 05 2500 ram nothing happens,,,try and try and try no crank..but if i use my aftermarket remote start truck cranks up as normal.Figured it had to be the ignition switch so installed new aftermarket switch and no difference,still wont crank with key but always cranks with remote start......
Posted By: tahoechallenge

Re: weird no start prob with 05 ram diesel - 03/23/17 04:02 AM

Maybe the wire is messed up where the aftermarket remote start is tied into the start wire? I have the factory remote start and it uses an adapter harness.
Posted By: V10nacuda

Re: weird no start prob with 05 ram diesel - 03/27/17 09:21 AM

You look closely at the connectors to the new Switch? When i did mine there was some melted plastic because of how that system works with the accessories... possibly the connector is distorted enough to not give good contact?

V10
Posted By: superwrench

Re: weird no start prob with 05 ram diesel - 04/01/17 07:58 PM

..Could be the TIPM or the Wireless Control Module not reading the key correctly. Either way, I'm thinking you'll be going to a dealer to get the truck put on the StarScan. You could replace a lot of stuff and still be scratching your head!! I'm thinking the vehicle starts with the remote start because it doesn't need a "security" signal to operate. Just a thought....
© 2024 Moparts Forums