Moparts

2014 Ram Wet Floor

Posted By: dfsmopars

2014 Ram Wet Floor - 03/07/17 03:01 PM

Last night I discovered the carpet was very wet in the storage compartment under the left rear seat. It has rained a lot here lately. I remember someone posting something about the rear slider leaking but could not find the post. I pulled the seat and lifted the carpet in order to dry it out but could not find the source of the water. Help is appreciated on tracking down the source. BTW, this truck stays clean and in a garage when parked at home.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: 2014 Ram Wet Floor - 03/08/17 03:40 AM

Could be leaking around the slider part of the rear window, or around the rear window to body seal. There was also an issue with around the rear cargo lights, but I'm not sure that carried into 2014. Then there is always the normal culprits, poor door seals, poor door window seals, and body seem sealer that missed the seems. Good luck! Gene

Re: 2014 Ram Wet Floor - 03/08/17 04:27 AM

Seems to be coming from the back of the cab for sure but can't track it. Today it rained hard and even with the carpet loose nothing was wet. It is still under warranty so I may have to take it to the dealer though I'm not real confident in what they may do. I'd rather find it myself but maybe they have already had jobs for this.

Re: 2014 Ram Wet Floor - 03/08/17 04:30 PM

Contrary to popular belief, there are still some very good dealerships with qualified techs. I would not be afraid to take this issue to my local dealer. Gene
Posted By: Michael

Re: 2014 Ram Wet Floor - 03/09/17 04:57 AM

3rd brake light

Re: 2014 Ram Wet Floor - 03/09/17 12:55 PM

Pulled the third brake and sure enough it looks like a dried creek bed in between the cab panels. I'll make a new gasket and that should be that. Thanks for the info.

Re: 2014 Ram Wet Floor - 03/10/17 05:08 AM

Made the repair tonight. Looks more like the housing bows and looses the seal in the center. Water had already popped the brake light bulb at some point and I never knew it. Poor design.

Re: 2014 Ram Wet Floor - 03/10/17 10:19 PM

And just think, its only a couple years old, wait until they are 20-30 years old, and no one makes the light anymore. Gene
Posted By: KingTuna

Re: 2014 Ram Wet Floor - 03/10/17 10:38 PM

I had the same problem about a month ago. 20 minutes later and some all weather silicone fixed that problem!
Posted By: bee1971

Re: 2014 Ram Wet Floor - 03/12/17 04:47 AM

And Dodge / Ram has had this issue for how many years now

It's amazing how such a simple gasket can cause so much damage on a $50,000 Ram 1500 if you don't discover it right away and fix it

Dealers will install a new light using the same old cheap gasket that is attached

And when that fails again they get the silicone out , just great when you have to replace burned out bulbs

Just blows my mind

Anyways I went with a stick adhesive rubber weatherstrip seal from soft seal
Just had to play with different widths and thickness

After gutting my interior
© 2024 Moparts Forums