Moparts

Engine won't start

Posted By: 96moneypit

Engine won't start - 08/12/16 02:38 PM

I need some help I rebuilt my 360 magnum Moter after the heads cracked. I bored it over .40 bumped the compression by .5% roughly. rhs heads port matched the stock intake as well as removed the center divider in it. Now I can't get it to run more than 5 seconds. I good fuel pressure I have good signal from my computer to my injectors I've replaced cam and crank sensors and double checked them. I've replaced engine ground wires. I also had my computer sent to a2 speed to tune my computer they swear up and down the ecm is good I've checked timing over and over again. I've checked with dodge to make sure my key wasn't chipped it is not. Also I hooked up a snap on scanner and it did tell me the crank sync failed but in order to sync the cam the engine have to be running at 1100 rpms so at this point I'm stumped if anyone has some suggestions I would greatly appreciate them.
Posted By: SALEM1912

Re: Engine won't start - 08/25/16 02:00 PM

What year? try bumping the dist to get it running? Are you saying cam/crank are out of sync?
Posted By: 96moneypit

Re: Engine won't start - 10/18/16 01:02 AM

It's a 96 what do you mean by bumping the distributor. And I'm not sure if it's out of sync I've double and triple checked dist placement I'm at the point I think it needs a skim delete even though the dealership says it had no anti theft installed from the factory it fires runs for a second and something kills the injectors
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Engine won't start - 10/18/16 03:40 AM

Are you sure its not running out of fuel? If the fuel pump isn't running, it will shut down quick. I'd check the fuel pressure and report back.

A 96 does not have any anti theft stuff on it. If the motor starts for a few seconds, the ecm is probably OK, and if the dist is bolted down using the original slotted hold down its either in sync, or the rotor is 180 out, in which cast it wouldn't start at all. Gene
© 2024 Moparts Forums