Moparts

Can you figure out what was wrong with my Transmission?

Posted By: kenworth_goose

Can you figure out what was wrong with my Transmission? - 05/16/16 08:00 PM

I have a 92 Dodge Dakota, 5.2, 46rh transmission. First thing started was the lockup was in and out of lockup probably 2-3 times per second. So I cut the lockup wire from the Pcm to eliminate that problem. All was good for 4-5 days then it came back, all the while the wire is still cut. Then overdrive started doing the same thing. So I cut the overdrive wire from The pcm as well. So now I have no power to the lockup or overdrive. Fine for a day. Guess what? It started doing it again. I finally figured it out And all is fixed and repaired and working well. But I don't think ANYONE will be able to guess correctly what caused the issue.
Posted By: savoy64

Re: Can you figure out what was wrong with my Transmission? - 05/16/16 08:34 PM

pressure switch----on-off value dies causes the flutter..
Posted By: buildanother

Re: Can you figure out what was wrong with my Transmission? - 05/16/16 08:54 PM

Don't tell us it was a just a plug or plug wire....

Re: Can you figure out what was wrong with my Transmission? - 05/16/16 09:00 PM

Nope
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: Can you figure out what was wrong with my Transmission? - 05/16/16 09:43 PM

TPS sensor?

Re: Can you figure out what was wrong with my Transmission? - 05/16/16 10:02 PM

nope
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Can you figure out what was wrong with my Transmission? - 05/16/16 11:23 PM

Operator trouble?

Re: Can you figure out what was wrong with my Transmission? - 05/17/16 02:23 AM

Originally Posted By stumpy
Operator trouble?

NOT!

Re: Can you figure out what was wrong with my Transmission? - 05/17/16 02:32 AM

Okay, I'll let you in on it. If you are familiar with these Dakota's and the wiring over by the battery then you have seen the white and black cables that run off of the positive cable. Well it was the black connector that was corroded inside the pieces that slide together. I finally got tired of having trouble and I started pulled and twisted on any wires I could get my hands on. When I moved the black cable It started running better. So I half way cleaned it and then went for a ride and no more issues. So the next day at work I had some free time so I cut the connectors out and soldered 2 copper lugs on the cables and bolted them together. Nooooo more issues. Seems I was loosing the power to the inside of the truck. And thinking about the past one day my stereo flickered. I recently broke down, the coil burned up. I think they are connected.
Posted By: W.I.N. Racing

Re: Can you figure out what was wrong with my Transmission? - 05/18/16 12:42 AM

Wait wait wait before I read the answer.... loose nut behind the wheel???
© 2024 Moparts Forums