Moparts

5.9 diesel on "Trucks"

Posted By: minivan

5.9 diesel on "Trucks" - 05/14/16 03:42 PM

Watched an episode this morning on "trucks" ( one of the auto episodes on "powerblock" which comes on GRIT)....

It was all about the 5.9 cummins diesel, discussing the dowel problem ( and how to fixit), lots of mods and permanently fixing the "5th gear nut problem"...

I do not know much about these, and I do not have a diesel and don't plan on it, but I would think that anyone who has a 5.9 would want to watch this episode... Fairly technical and full of advice for upgrades.....
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: 5.9 diesel on "Trucks" - 05/14/16 08:59 PM

Is Stacey David the host?
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: 5.9 diesel on "Trucks" - 05/15/16 10:16 PM

Went through 7, yes SEVEN NV4500's that had the nut problem and 4 of them had the fix... rant
Posted By: savoy64

Re: 5.9 diesel on "Trucks" - 05/16/16 03:05 PM

what is mildly amusing with the dowel pin problem is that everyone forgets about the timing case bolts on the inside that rattle loose and cause the same damage----they need to be pulled-cleaned-and locktited--the tv guys go through the bending of a tab to cover the hole and fail to tell you that the bolt holding that tab can work loose and cause mayhem----dodge fixed it(dowel pin) with a blunt chisel that you stamp an X pattern across the hole----not hard to do....

Re: 5.9 diesel on "Trucks" - 05/16/16 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By WO23Coronet
Is Stacey David the host?

No, its some younger guys with wild ass hairdos.....

They do a nice job...

Re: 5.9 diesel on "Trucks" - 05/16/16 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By Rhinodart
Went through 7, yes SEVEN NV4500's that had the nut problem and 4 of them had the fix... rant

Did you weld the nut or replace the mainshaft with a nutless aftermarket???
© 2024 Moparts Forums