Seat for sustained comfort
On long drives?

Mopar pickups prefered,
But feel free to nominate any make
Or even car seats that could be transplanted
In Dodge pickups with custom brackets.
Posted By: 79powerwagon

Re: Best all time pickup seat? - 02/16/16 05:18 PM

Volvo seats have a long reputation for being very comfortable and durable. look at XC90 for the parts.

The seats in my 2015 Chrysler 200 are PERFECT for me. You won't easily find these yet, but go sit in one!

Don't think any bench seat is comfortable for any length of time.

Just my opinions. smile
Posted By: ViperDave

Re: Best all time pickup seat? - 02/16/16 06:06 PM

my favorite truck seats ive owned were in my 04 excursion eddie bauer.
Posted By: 3csalvage

Re: Best all time pickup seat? - 02/16/16 06:59 PM

my brothers ford king ranch!!!!!!!!!!! probably similar to the excursion eb!
Posted By: QuickDodge

Re: Best all time pickup seat? - 02/16/16 08:49 PM

I've never sat in a truck seat that was ultra comfortable. That said, if such a seat existed, it would have to have a seat heater. Seat heaters are great for sore back muscles!

The closest I've seen to a really comfortable truck seat was in a Buick SUV. It was the Buick version of the Chevy Trail blazer. It was around a 2005 model year vehicle. These seats were reasonably soft and adjustable. It seems like most newer vehicles have hard seats.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Best all time pickup seat? - 02/16/16 08:55 PM

My 2003 Ram power seat is very comfortable. As far as the heated seat I installed an under the cover heater in short order that works great. Got this one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/151881275941. Found a good place for the switch. Only real wiring was to a key on hot under the dash and a ground to the dash frame. Everything else is just plug in.

Attached picture seat heater button 001.JPG
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Best all time pickup seat? - 02/16/16 11:07 PM

My 54 Dodge pickup had a bench seat out of a late 70s Chrysler 5th Ave. They were nice, but there was very little adjustment, it either worked or it didn't. In combination with the tilt column, it fit me great, others may not have been as comfortable.
I was younger and much more fit then, today I'm not so sure the steering wheel would clear my belly....Gene
Posted By: hulmule

Re: Best all time pickup seat? - 02/17/16 02:26 AM

my 99 Dodge ext cab leather were nice. Even after 275 K mile still were in good shape. Owned a dodge diplomat with leather, thought I was in a lazy boy
Posted By: Cooter

Re: Best all time pickup seat? - 02/17/16 03:32 AM

I just spent three fourteen hour days in the driver's seat of my first gen Sprinter, and I can still walk. That is probably as good a seat as I have driven a long haul in, with the exception of maybe my Roadmaster wagon.
Posted By: timeklr

Re: Best all time pickup seat? - 02/17/16 03:48 AM

Back in 97 I had a dodge 1/2 ton with the mark vII package and that was a road trip seat leather with fold down in middle never found myself wiggling around to get comfy the fold down and arm rests were just the right height ..arm rest height especially on the door is one key thing for road trips to myself
Posted By: njmopar

Re: Best all time pickup seat? - 02/17/16 07:09 PM

Love the seat in my '96 Ram. It has the perfect firmness and lower cushion length for my legs.
Last summer did a NJ to Grand Tetons run pulling my trailer. 3 LONG days 12-14 hours. Not a problem, butt never got tired.
But that hard door armrest is torture. I knew this before the trip and brought along a small towel to pad my elbow. Otherwise I would have been in pain.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Best all time pickup seat? - 02/17/16 09:30 PM

The buckets in my 92, CC, D250. Those seats are awesome.
Posted By: basketcase

Re: Best all time pickup seat? - 02/17/16 11:48 PM

captains chairs from a D/W series Ramcharger.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Best all time pickup seat? - 02/18/16 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By hulmule
my 99 Dodge ext cab leather were nice. Even after 275 K mile still were in good shape. Owned a dodge diplomat with leather, thought I was in a lazy boy

iagree I bought a 96, 2000, and 2004 new and the most comfortable seats were the leather heated seats in the 2000 by far. The 96 cloth seat foam seemed to break down and the 99 dually I drove was horrible because of it. The 2004 seemed to have a shorter seat up front and long distances were not as comfortable as the 2000 seats. twocents
Posted By: ahy

Re: Best all time pickup seat? - 02/19/16 03:54 AM

The standard seat in a '74 D200 had a great advantage... after about 2 hours your hind end was numb and stopped hurting.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Best all time pickup seat? - 02/19/16 04:17 AM

I dunno about 'best all time' but the stock seat (split bench) in my '92 Dakota is pretty comfortable to me, that point was driven home today when I drove my Wife's Kia Soul up to Houston.

I didn't feel sore while I was driving, but, DANG, I almost fell face first when I tried to climb out because I was so stiff and my tailbone hurt so bad.

Part of the comfort with my Dakota is that the armrest fall where they actually work. Not so on the KIA.
Posted By: Brad4406

Re: Best all time pickup seat? - 02/19/16 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By hulmule

I agree. I loved the seats in my 99 Quad Cab as well. They weren't heated, but very comfortable.

Attached picture DSCF4447 editted.jpg
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: Best all time pickup seat? - 02/20/16 04:56 PM

The seats out of my 98 dakota are quite comfy. I like them so much, that when I parted out another Dakota, I kept one of the buckets as a shop seat. When I need to study a manual, wire diagram, search the Internet for troubleshooting tips, etc. I will sit in that seat on the floor.
Posted By: minivan

Re: Best all time pickup seat? - 02/21/16 12:39 AM

Originally Posted By 3csalvage
my brothers ford king ranch!!!!!!!!!!! probably similar to the excursion eb!

I can't vouch for comfort but the leather and stitching in the King Ranch is REALLY nice......
Posted By: BulletBob

Re: Best all time pickup seat? - 02/22/16 07:00 AM

We rode 1200 miles in one sitting in these & my 6'2" frame was able to get out & walk without any problems
RamCharger buckets in a regular cab
Posted By: barracuda7199

Re: Best all time pickup seat? - 02/22/16 09:49 AM

Third gen Dakota are the most comfortable to me. They have a natural lumbar to them which really helps kick the comfort up.
Posted By: wally426ci

Re: Best all time pickup seat? - 02/22/16 03:08 PM

My lil red buckets in the 68 rule hard.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Best all time pickup seat? - 02/22/16 07:11 PM

After reading all these responses, it appears the old statement that "there is a seat for every butt, and a butt for every seat" must apply to the seats as well as for the cars....

Everyone is different, a seat that feels great to me, might not work for you at all, and a seat that perfect for you won't work for me. Lots of suggestions. Make a trip to your local late model Pull-A-Part and put your butt into a few dozen seats and find one you like. Gene
Posted By: 360view

Re: Best all time pickup seat? - 02/24/16 03:05 PM

Would anyone know if the 1999-2000 Ram seats with their built in seatbelts
use the same seat bracket mounting holes in the floor as
1994-1995 Ram seats with their externally mounted seatbelt anchor points?
© 2024 Moparts Forums