Moparts

Brake dust

Posted By: dart4forte

Brake dust - 02/13/16 01:03 AM

Experiencing a lot of brake dust on the front wheels. Running Raybestos premium brakes in the front, same in the rear. I have about 35k on these brakes. Anyone experiencing this with their brakes. Should note the calipers are not hanging up.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Brake dust - 02/13/16 04:37 AM

Brake dust seems to be a fact of life these days. Much worse then it used to be, must be a different brake pad composition then they used a few years ago. Even getting excessive brake dust in my drum brakes these days! My drum brakes are not that old, everything rebuilt or new, and about every 2,000 miles I need to pull the drums and empty out the dust! Sounds like metal on metal inside the drums, because of the dust!

Its the "new and Improved" (for the industry bottom line) life style we are living in. Gene
Posted By: ahy

Re: Brake dust - 02/13/16 02:48 PM

On newer DD's I run the "premium OE spec" pads which are ceramic usually. Not much dust. On the older stuff, semi mettalics seem to dust more. Also hi-po pads which I expect.

Old asbestos/organic formulations must have been low dust...
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Brake dust - 02/13/16 04:47 PM

The brakes are the premium Rebestos. I have 35k on these. I've done a lot of towing this year with the move to Mesa.
Posted By: therocks

Re: Brake dust - 02/15/16 07:31 PM

Ceramics.Thats the answer.I run them on my 65 pin type discs and a few of the familys mini vans.Pretty much no dust.Rocky
© 2024 Moparts Forums