Moparts

crank position sensor

Posted By: rhad

crank position sensor - 02/10/16 07:50 AM

92 dakota 3.9 v6,ive read that you can slot the bolt holes and in effect change (advance) your timing,theres not a lot of wiggle room in the mounting bracket,is it worth the effort?,grinding some off of the bellhousing to get it to move shouldnt be a problem,anyone done this
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: crank position sensor - 02/10/16 10:20 PM

I do it all the time, you can get about 2 degrees advance maybe another 1 degree easily with a little bellhousing grind, I have never atempted grinding the bell in the car though. It does seem to make them a little snappier. However if it is already pinging probably not a good idea and I don't do it in manual equiped trucks as they do tend to ping more than autos.
Posted By: 360view

Re: crank position sensor - 02/11/16 10:08 PM

After seeing the picture of the aftermarket 36 slotted wheel and sensor mounted on a Magnum V8 in the MegaSquirt thread in the Question & Answer forum last week, I have wondered if a modified Magnum slotted flexplate could be mounted at the harmonic balancer and the Crank Position Sensor relocated there on an adjustable mount? Looks like it would be possible to get 0-15 degrees of adjustment this way.
Posted By: Dono

Re: crank position sensor - 02/14/16 04:10 PM

That would be a great idea. That sensor in the stock location is a [censored] to get at let alone adjust.

I did this to my last magnum motor and it was noticeable in fuel use.
© 2024 Moparts Forums