Moparts

08 RAM--TIME FOR NEW BRAKES--QUESTIONS

Posted By: Anonymous

08 RAM--TIME FOR NEW BRAKES--QUESTIONS - 12/19/15 03:34 PM

Hey Gang--08 Ram 1500 2wd--time for new rotors and pads--Factory OEM served well for almost 140K--should I buy cheapo Egay rotors or OEM--any difference? I was thinking factory OEM pads as they did so well--are there any popular upgrades I should consider? I do tow 24 ft enclosed but is has super light dragster so truck does well with that amount--Thanks!!
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: 08 RAM--TIME FOR NEW BRAKES--QUESTIONS - 12/19/15 06:38 PM

I got my stuff from Mopar. They have OE and valueline brake stuff. I went with OE.
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: 08 RAM--TIME FOR NEW BRAKES--QUESTIONS - 12/19/15 06:46 PM

If u plan on keeping it (and especially with towing) go for the good stuff
Posted By: Michael

Re: 08 RAM--TIME FOR NEW BRAKES--QUESTIONS - 12/19/15 08:02 PM

Go with OEM
Posted By: stumpy

Re: 08 RAM--TIME FOR NEW BRAKES--QUESTIONS - 12/19/15 08:05 PM

If the rotors don't have burnt spots or all pulsating I'd reuse the originals. I had the ones on my 2003 trued up at O'Reilly's and they are like new.
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: 08 RAM--TIME FOR NEW BRAKES--QUESTIONS - 12/19/15 08:37 PM

Check out these guys

http://brakeperformance.com/

Re: 08 RAM--TIME FOR NEW BRAKES--QUESTIONS - 12/19/15 08:46 PM

You guys down south are lucky. You can get your rotors off without beating them to death.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: 08 RAM--TIME FOR NEW BRAKES--QUESTIONS - 12/20/15 08:48 AM

Originally Posted By mopars4ever
I got my stuff from Mopar. They have OE and valueline brake stuff. I went with OE.

For the pads, I have only used aftermarket stuff once in my 2007 Ram. The front pads wore out in less than 40,000 miles when the stock pads have lasted me between 80,000 and 100k.
Rotors are different. I have used aftermarket rotors with success. I did have one set of front Mopar rotors shimmy within a month of installation.

Re: 08 RAM--TIME FOR NEW BRAKES--QUESTIONS - 12/20/15 05:11 PM

I believe the Mopar Valueline rotors aren`t much better(if at all) then the after market that`s why I went with OE.
Posted By: therocks

Re: 08 RAM--TIME FOR NEW BRAKES--QUESTIONS - 12/26/15 09:19 PM

At the shop we used aftermarket on almost everything.We even did ambulances and limos that get beat more than almost all normal vehicles.Ambulances we used sever duty pads and store rotors.As for turning them you are lucky if you can and not be under spc especially if you live in the rust belt.Most have little variance from new to Minimum machine.The 04 Ram we have and the Durango both got Golds from Advance and rotors also.At the shop we had more problems with factory and Bendix rotors etc.Seems the store brands had less problems and I did at least 300 or 400 brakes jobs a year if not more.Rocky
© 2024 Moparts Forums