Moparts

Quiet muffler

Posted By: stumpy

Quiet muffler - 11/23/15 03:33 AM

Can anyone recommend a quiet muffler for my Ram 1500 hemi. It has a flowmaster one inlet two outlet on it now and I hate it. I want more of a factory muted sound for dual exhaust.
Posted By: kenworth_goose

Re: Quiet muffler - 11/23/15 03:35 AM

I have a single in out magnaflow and my truck is quiet when the windows are up.

Re: Quiet muffler - 11/23/15 04:37 AM

Mine has that flowmaster drone that resonates through the whole truck. I just want to be able to hear the radio without having to blow out the speakers.

Re: Quiet muffler - 11/23/15 04:39 AM

Mine doesn't.
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: Quiet muffler - 11/23/15 04:43 AM

Originally Posted By kenworth_goose
I have a single in out magnaflow and my truck is quiet when the windows are up.

What year Ram?

The magnaflow single in/out system on my 2005 Ram 1500 has objectionable drone at 2000 rpm. Sounds great around town, but I want earplugs when cruising at 70mph or towing a trailer. I wouldn't personally buy one again.

The Corsa systems are advertised as having no drone. I don't know how true it is but I haven't met anybody who complained about them.

Re: Quiet muffler - 11/23/15 04:46 AM

I have cat back dual exhaust so the single in and out magnaflow won't do me any good. I'm looking for more of the good old stock walker kind of noise.
Posted By: BulletBob

Re: Quiet muffler - 11/23/15 05:47 AM

I've used a CTD muffler

Re: Quiet muffler - 11/23/15 05:49 AM

I have a magnaflow on mine and NO drone. Can barely hear it with the windows up
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: Quiet muffler - 11/23/15 06:00 AM

Stumpy, if you are willing to go to Fort Worth there is a shop there that might be able to help you with a Flo-Pro set up:

Kinneys Exhaust

I just took my Flowmaster off a couple of weeks ago for the same reason as you (drone) and went to a Flo Pro and its' way better. I can take a video for you if you like.........

I have a little drone at 15-1700 rpm, but anywhere else and the drone is gone.
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: Quiet muffler - 11/23/15 06:01 AM

Kenworth, I'd like to know what system you are running (part number or picture would be great).

Re: Quiet muffler - 11/23/15 06:27 AM

Factory exhaust, no convertor, with the round 3inch magnaflow all the way out the rear, factory side exit.

Re: Quiet muffler - 11/23/15 06:42 AM

That flo pro sounds pretty good but I think I found the muffler I was looking for at Rock auto. It's a walker 21692. It's not a straight through like the performance mufflers. 3' in and two 2.25" out. Which is what I have. Should be plenty quiet and still not choke up the motor any. Thanks guys. up
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: Quiet muffler - 11/24/15 04:10 AM

A similar one to the rock auto one would probably be the Dynomax Super Turbo, they make it in a single 3" in/dual 2.5" out
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Quiet muffler - 11/25/15 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By stumpy
That flo pro sounds pretty good but I think I found the muffler I was looking for at Rock auto. It's a walker 21692. It's not a straight through like the performance mufflers. 3' in and two 2.25" out. Which is what I have. Should be plenty quiet and still not choke up the motor any. Thanks guys. up

Have always had good results with Walker Mufflers smile

Rickster
Posted By: mgoblue9798

Re: Quiet muffler - 11/25/15 09:41 AM

I bought a magnaflow for my 2002 Ram Van and I am very happy with it. No louder than the factory one was. The van bodies amplify any noise so I would imagine it would be even quieter in a truck application.
© 2024 Moparts Forums