Moparts

2WD Ram 1500 Mega Cab Lift Kits

Posted By: ChallengerGary

2WD Ram 1500 Mega Cab Lift Kits - 10/18/15 02:41 PM

I am picking up a nice 2 wheel drive 2006 Megacab today. The only thing I did not like in my last one was the rather sedate stance. I want to lift the "new" one up but not sure of several things:

1) How much lift looks "right" on a 2wd MC with factory wheels (for the time being)?
2) What brand is best value?
3) where to buy?
4) Ease of installation without a 2-post lift

Pictures would help too
Posted By: ChallengerGary

Re: 2WD Ram 1500 Mega Cab Lift Kits - 10/20/15 12:49 PM

Change of plans - At my wife's insistence pulled a Carfax on the truck i was going to buy. Turns out the previous owner had rolled back the odometer over 100K miles. What was advertised as having a little over 100K miles actually had well over 200K. The current owner did not know this and went back to the guy he bought it from and was demanding a refund or he was going to turn him in to the police for fraud.

Best $39.99 I have spent in a LONG time!
Posted By: GY3

Re: 2WD Ram 1500 Mega Cab Lift Kits - 10/20/15 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By ChallengerGary
Change of plans - At my wife's insistence pulled a Carfax on the truck i was going to buy. Turns out the previous owner had rolled back the odometer over 100K miles. What was advertised as having a little over 100K miles actually had well over 200K. The current owner did not know this and went back to the guy he bought it from and was demanding a refund or he was going to turn him in to the police for fraud.

Best $39.99 I have spent in a LONG time!

Wow! Glad you found out!

My '09 4x4 Cummins looks like it could have ~50,000 on it but has 200,000.

Mileage doesn't bother me on these trucks if they've been taken care of and are clean. Mine is spotless inside and out!
© 2024 Moparts Forums