Moparts

wing/vent window wind noise

Posted By: theraif

wing/vent window wind noise - 10/05/15 05:39 AM

when driving and cheap fixes ??
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: wing/vent window wind noise - 10/05/15 12:33 PM

I'm guessing you can pull on the handle to shut the vent window tighter and noise goes away? Most of my friends (and me) would fold a piece of thin cardboard and force it under the handle to stop it. Being young we didn't know (or care) about fixing it as long as the car ran right. up
As far as a better cheap fix (if this is the problem), maybe gluing a small nylon washer on the tip of the handle? work

Tim
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: wing/vent window wind noise - 10/05/15 02:08 PM

iagree as I have never had a 72-93 truck that didn't leak air at the wing window, I always wondered if they were like that from new? laugh2 That is what discarded matchbooks are for... realcrazy
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: wing/vent window wind noise - 10/05/15 06:56 PM

You can pull out the little nylon tip and put some small washers behind it and put it back in. Many, many moons ago Ma Mopar sold just such a shim kit for them. I haven't stumbled across any washers small enough to accomplish the task yet on mine.

You can buy new seals for the earlier style with the metal base at the window but not for the newer ones. Claim is there isn't any demand for them. Well, there is a huge demand for them but you can't sell what you don't make. A lot of guys are modifying the earlier style to fit but they are still noisy.
Posted By: theraif

Re: wing/vent window wind noise - 10/05/15 08:14 PM

well it dose not bother me but as my sister drives the rc once in awhile it bugs her.....i told her to turn up the radio
Posted By: minivan

Re: wing/vent window wind noise - 10/05/15 10:35 PM

Used to stick a paper match cover under it, back when men were men and cars had Ashtrays.....
Posted By: LilRed7879

Re: wing/vent window wind noise - 10/05/15 10:50 PM

Put a vacuum cap that fits over the end of the latch and it will tighten it right up and you can still open and close the latch just like normal
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: wing/vent window wind noise - 10/06/15 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By LilRed7879
Put a vacuum cap that fits over the end of the latch and it will tighten it right up and you can still open and close the latch just like normal

x2, I've done that on a few different cars over the years.
Posted By: wally426ci

Re: wing/vent window wind noise - 10/06/15 12:54 PM

I used to put pennies under it until it was quiet....
© 2024 Moparts Forums