Moparts

So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap?

Posted By: RUNCHARGER

So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/13/15 04:23 AM

Made the mistake of selling my 10 year old Cummins and buying a 15 "Hemi" based on hearing how great they are. POS has to shift down two gears to go up a hill empty on our highways around here, The MDS is even more annoying than turbo spool up on the company Ecoboost. One of the lifters pounds like a jackhammer on startup occassionally (I did a search after buying the POS and apparently this is "normal").
Are they all this bad? What's all the hype about? And 395HP, my butt. Based on my experience, I'd take a 90's Magnum over this turd any day.
Anyone drive a Chebbie lately? I hate the Fords and I'm not liking this dog either.

Sheldon
Posted By: stumpy

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/13/15 05:00 AM

Does it have the eight speed trans? What size truck?

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/13/15 05:25 AM

Six speed half ton. I felt bad running my Cummins around empty all the time but I am not impressed at all with this thing, I'd hate to try to pull a car trailer with this pile. I've pulled trailers with Magnums no problem at all and that was with 4 speed autos.

Sheldon
Posted By: sportfury70

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/13/15 12:39 PM

I have an 04 2500 with a hemi. Gutless gas guzzling turd. It has 3.73 gears but honestly needs 4.56 or steeper.
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/13/15 02:11 PM

Have you dropped a blue pill in the fill tube yet?

that seems to be their gimmick.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/13/15 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By sportfury70
I have an 04 2500 with a hemi. Gutless gas guzzling turd. It has 3.73 gears but honestly needs 4.56 or steeper.

I drove a 4:56 dually for 13 years, man did it burn up the gas. Luckily I only drove it a mile to work each day. But I wanted a pulling machine and it did the job OK, it was BB chevy.

Our 05 durango has a hemi and it is very quick and pulls a open car trailer with power to spare, but the short WB sucks to tow with. It gets terrible gas mileage though and does not have MDS.
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/13/15 04:13 PM

I have the 360 Mag and 5.7 MDS as you are comparing Sheldon:

I haven't towed anything with the 5.7, but to me, it runs like a 340 or the 426: only makes power when you scream their guts out. I spoke to a Guy who tows with the new 6.4 and he said it does next to nothing unless you get it to 3000 rpm. So, I can imagine your frustration.

My 360 Mag, with an open car hauler (approx. 5500 pounds) pulled 1400 miles in top gear no problem. At 1700 rpm the tach needle just stays there and it chugs along. It's impressive for a gas engine.

As you get more miles on this truck you will miss your diesel less and less: I know I don't miss my Cummins one bit. I drive the 360 Mag everyday and think it's a great engine, until I drive the 5.7 it's one-time-a-year outing, and it's waaaaay better than the the 360. And, that trans you have: no worries whatsoever. up

How many miles do have on it?

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/13/15 04:40 PM

It's only got 1400KM on it but I sure am not impressed so far. Grizz you hit it on the head. This thing has to buzz to make steam and that is not what I like in a truck engine at all. At this time I think the Magnum package has it all over this so called Hemi garbage.
I hate dealerships so I think I'll let it pound at startup until it self destructs, very embarrassing to say the least. But taking a half day off to run to the dealer, argue with those clowns, setup an appointment, take another half day off to bring them the truck, go down after a day or two and have them tell me there is nothing wrong just doesn't work for me. When it comes in on a hook with broken parts they won't be able to tell me there is nothing wrong.
The only positive thing I can say about this thing is that I didn't run my Cummins past 130KPH but I can run this gasser at 160KPH without worry and I like to get places in a hurry.

Sheldon
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/13/15 06:15 PM

I have an '05 Ram 4x4 HEMI QCSB, also had couple of 5.2 Magnums, and the Magnums can't hold a candle to a 5.7, not even close. Maybe you're still used to how the Cummins drives. A friend has a '10 (basically same truck as yours) with an aftermarket ram air, MRBP exhaust an a Diablo tuner and the thing goes like a scalded cat. Mine has a set of Chinese shorties and a better exhaust and it goes pretty good. Shouldn't a '15 have an 8 spd? Is it a dial or a shift handle? An 8 spd is going to be shifty as they're programmed to keep the engine in its happy place. They also take awhile to figure out how you drive (adaptive learning)

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/14/15 02:16 AM

Well, the first thing will be to get it to knock everytime it starts up so they can fix that part of it I guess. Then I'll be running the ever loving heck out of it like I do with my other Dodges. I've never had a Dodge give me engine problems until this one and my first new Dodge truck was a 76, pretty sad.
I look at my driveway right now, see the Cummins is gone and this pencil dick "Hemi" sitting there is not therapeutic right now. I don't usually make bad decisions but this was definitely not a good one.

Sheldon
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/14/15 02:33 PM

Sheldon, just a suggestion. Even if the dealership tells you there is nothing wrong with the truck you should still get a record of your concerns for later, just in case. The more you complain about it the better it will be should something go wrong down the road. So take it in as often as you can and make sure there is a repair order written each time so you have a written record of your complaints. Also works well for "lemon law" cases.
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/14/15 06:28 PM

I have a feeling that "knock" is something common to the newer HEMIs. A while back I started a post for a friend that has the same issue. He still hasn't taken his in. His is a standard cab, short bed, 4X4 with an 8 speed auto. He doesn't do any towing with it, but it doesn't seem to lack any power. It'll darn sure get on outa here when you step on it.
Posted By: burdar

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/14/15 10:08 PM

I bought my 14 Ram quad cab three weeks ago with 4400 miles on it. It's a 5.7 with 8-speed and 3.21 gears. I'm still getting used to the trans. It feels like there is engine braking in every gear when slowing down. I'm not used to that. Occasionally, one of the down shifts is somewhat harsh. There was no trans re-flash available a couple weeks ago when I checked.

While normally taking off from a stop sign while turning a corner, there is a noticeable increase in acceleration at around 1500 RPM. The truck wants to spin the tires if I'm not careful. I haven't towed anything with it yet but it seems to have plenty of torque down low.

I drove the truck to Carlisle this past weekend. On the drive out, we averaged 25.7mpg. No joke! We averaged 24.4mpg for the entire 2000+ mile trip. That includes all the in town driving and sitting in traffic waiting to get in and out of the show. To say I'm pleased with that is an understatement.

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/15/15 03:13 AM

Have these things always ran 5-20 oil in them? It's over 100 degrees here and it calls for 5-20 Dog urine. That's probably the problem but thicker oil will void the warranty no doubt.

Sheldon
Posted By: moretoys

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/15/15 03:28 AM

you have to use that oil, if you put thicker oil in it, the mds system senses that and will turn the check engine light on within a couple miles.

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/15/15 06:32 AM

Thanks More.

Sheldon
Posted By: Lefty

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/15/15 06:56 AM

"Made the mistake of selling my 10 year old Cummins"

After having 500+ ft/lbs just off idle, anything that runs on gas is going to feel underpowered.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/15/15 11:01 PM

Originally Posted By RUNCHARGER
Have these things always ran 5-20 oil in them? It's over 100 degrees here and it calls for 5-20 Dog urine. That's probably the problem but thicker oil will void the warranty no doubt.

Sheldon

Ours has been running on 15-40 diesel oil for 82K miles and no ticks in the motor. IT don't have MDS.

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/16/15 12:11 AM

Sheldon, it's true:

After break-in I upped mine to 10-30 and the MDS worked less and the fuel mileage went down. I went back to 5-20 and right away you could feel the MDS was more active and the mileage went back to normal.

Never would have believed it, but yup, 'dats whut happened.

I guess Fords' been using 5-20 for a number of years now, at least thats' my Oil Guy told me. So now, I'm kinda thinkin' I might try this light stuff in my 360 Mag............ work It has 15-40 in it right now, wonder where that stuff came from, huh? wink

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/16/15 12:14 AM

If you don't have MDS then it's not as big of a deal
Posted By: MOBodyman

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/16/15 03:45 AM

My r/c 4wd is a '10 so it has 390 hp and the 5 speed auto. It also has 3.92 gears & a sure grip rear. However it's not loaded up with a lot of extras so it probably weighs less than most. It will run circles around all the Magnums I've had & gets as good of mileage unloaded as my last Cummins truck.

I think I've heard it tick a bit on startup a few times but I don't really pay any attention to it. It has 62,xxx miles on it. I've done nothing to it but had the oil changed regularly and a set of spark plugs put in it at 50,xxx miles.

I tow a car trailer with it ever so often and it pulls it easily, even in the Missouri hills where I live. It doesn't have the torque of a Cummins, of course, but moderate towing isn't an issue. I hauled the load pictured about 150 miles.
Dallas

Attached picture IMG_3568.JPG

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/16/15 05:03 AM

Darn good of you to give that Ford a hand, Dallas. up

Powerstroke?

Gasser? Tow truck got better fuel mileage than the 'Dooty? wink
Posted By: silvercloud

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/16/15 05:40 AM

I have a '15 GM as a company truck. The engine sounds funny, it has way more road noise than my '06 3500 dually, but it rides good, drives nice and at 30000 km it is averaging by the dash monitor very close to 12L/100K. A solid 2L/100K better than the Ecoboosts ('13, '14, '15 aluminum-body) in the fleet making the same basic trips. Our fleet manager hates Dodges so I can't get a direct comparison-I am getting about the same 2L/100K better than my brother's '14 Hemi 1500 but I'm not sure that we drive the same. The Ecoboosts feel quicker off the bottom but I'm not sure how they would compare side by side. It's on the agenda to find out someday. I do know that the GMs top speed governor is set a lot lower than I would have expected it to be-I think my dually will go faster although I haven't checked for a fact :-) If I would have been able to choose whatever I wanted it would have been a Dodge-with that option off the table and the new '15 F150s not available I chose a GM mainly because I would never spend my own money on one-might as well live vicariously through someone else.

Jason
Posted By: MOBodyman

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/16/15 05:42 AM

Originally Posted By Grizzly
Darn good of you to give that Ford a hand, Dallas. up

Powerstroke?

Gasser? Tow truck got better fuel mileage than the 'Dooty? wink

Grizzly, I just give a hand when I can. Poor Ford was broke. It's a gasser so I'm guessing I got about the same mileage towing it as the Ford gets by itself..lol...

That's not the first time I've had to give a Ford a hand. Both trucks have a bed full of parts in this pic.
Dallas

Attached picture IMG_7017 (Small).JPG
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/17/15 12:55 AM

Cant blame the engine when the truck weighs double what the old ones did. 250 hp in a 4000lb truck will feel faster than 395 in 8000lb truck. Everything dodge makes right now needs massive diets.
Posted By: ahy

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/21/15 04:08 AM

I have owned 4 Durangos, one with 360/5.9 and 3 with Hemi (5.7). I have towed with all. The Hemi is a huge improvement over the 5.9 in tow power and fuel mileage. I have towed up to ~8,000 lb (carefully) with the Hemi and ~6,000 lb (fast). In a 3/4 ton PU, 10k# should be fine. A NA engine will need to spin a little to pull the hills but within reason does not hurt anything. Hemi's like to spin! When towing, I like to limit to about 4,000 RPM on a full effort pull to preserve the engine... though higher RPM would top the hill faster. Also, with a significant hill ahead, I gear down on the flat to save the heavy shift on the hill. With the 5.9 was more like 3,500 RPM max practical.

My current gen III Durango has over 170k and runs perfectly. Oil consumption as new. 5w20 Mobile 1 since the first oil change. Older hemi's I ran with 5 or 10w-30 but not with MDS.

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/21/15 05:08 AM

This is very true, the new Rams are FAT!!! All brands are but the Dodges especially so, they need to lose weight in a bad way.
Posted By: gregsrt

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/24/15 05:40 AM

If I start it up for only a min or so to move it then shut it down, it will then tick when restarted. If it is run for more than a minute or two it doesn't tick. You made a mistake buying the 6 speed auto, it's a pos. The 8 speed changes it completely. Mine had 3.21 gears and it has plenty of get up and go and now that I have over 8000kms it will pull off 22mpg.

As for the 5W20, don't worry about it not being thick enough, you need it for the MDS to work. The engineers know what their doing.

Mine is a 2014 Ram Sport

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/24/15 06:36 AM

Don't think you could get anything but an 8spd by '15?

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/29/15 04:15 AM

Well: I haven't even washed it and they're tearing down the engine. Hopefully it will have some power when they finish replacing the broken pieces. Whatapiecacrap.

Sheldon

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/29/15 05:07 AM

If you expect it to have the same low end grunt that your diesel did then you bought the wrong truck. You should have stuck with a diesel. shruggy
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/29/15 06:08 AM

If your lucky it will get recalled and bought back at some point...

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/29/15 04:33 PM

Well Stumpy, my 86, 125HP, 318 D150 was more driveable with more useable torque than this "395HP" wondertruck. The techs aren't sure what they're going to find and said they haven't heard anything like it so we'll see what they find today.

Sheldon
Posted By: sportfury70

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/29/15 05:21 PM

I have same complaint with power. My 95 5.2 magnum in a half ton had more power than my 04 5.7 3/4 ton. Used a lot less gas too.
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/29/15 07:04 PM

If they're tearing into the motor, they must know that something isn't right. For comparison sake, while they have your truck in the shop, go test drive a different one and see if it acts any different. It's a sad story (and I'm not being sarcastic). When you spend that kind of money, you have high expectations. I hope it ends well.

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/29/15 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By sportfury70
I have same complaint with power. My 95 5.2 magnum in a half ton had more power than my 04 5.7 3/4 ton. Used a lot less gas too.

Everyone repeat with me... power to weight ratio!

It is not quite double the HP but it is double the weight, if your mpg is even in the ball park be happy about that at least.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/29/15 08:04 PM

There is no comparison, the old trucks even the magnum ones were slugs. The newer stuff doesn't feel as fast in comparison but look at 1/4 mile performance among other things. You take a mid 80s truck and drag race it and you will need a calendar to track the pass, the magnum trucks were a little better but still slugs. Even the first 5.7 hemi trucks would wipe the floor with the old stuff.

That's all personal experience i'm not going to find data on the old trucks because no one had time for those things to finish making a pass!

And about the noises, yeah they suck but its common for some reason these days. We have newer Ford and Chevrolet vehicles in our fleet at work and on a cold winter morning its taps and rattles everywhere. However they sound like crap new and don't sound any worse with 200,000 on them. My 08 Hemi ram sounded rough when cold but ran perfect.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/29/15 09:11 PM

I have no experience w/ the new hemis, but do they have knock sensors that could be pulling timing when the motor is "knocking"? Just wondering if it was piston slap or a lifter causing the knocking sound, would the sensor mistake it for detonation and pull timing out of it?

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/29/15 11:22 PM

Glad to here they're taking a look at it. The Hemi's are generally solid engines, yes they're a little noisy but it's how they are (VVT, MDS,thin oil all add to this, as stated not really different than any other brand). As suggested take another one for a burn to compare, even my lowly '05 would likely rip a 1/4 mile in the 15's, and my friends '10 with nothing but a tuner would stomp a hole in me

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/30/15 02:56 AM

Jeez Hot Rod Dave, that's just brilliant. Thanks for that.
The dealer techs ran it for over an hour trying to figure out the noise so then it finally went away. Then they wanted me to pick the truck up, I told them to, well I told them no. I'll be phoning Chrysler Canada tomorrow unless they start ripping into it. I am not accepting it back unless I know it's fixed. Seems basic enough, order a complete set of lifters and look for wear marks and rubbed parts.

Sheldon
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 07/31/15 01:42 AM

I have a 2015 Ram Crew with the Hemi/8-speed/3.21 gear. IMHO,this truck reminds me of a old 340 Duster....it will flat get with the program.Gas mileage is great,I average 17 in traffic going to work,and highway,I have averaged 22.6,but have pulled 24.8 on a nice long stretch on I-10. The MDS works really good and overall I'm very happy with the truck

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/02/15 12:53 AM

Well after 3 days of not returning my calls I somehow got the "service" "advisor" today. After I chewed her out for not returning my calls she told me they can't get the noise to reappear and "engineering" doesn't know how to proceed. I told her maybe you better get "engineering" to send 16 lifters to change out and start ripping the SOB down. This is why I haven't bought a new truck since 05. Pretty sad.
I'll be taking this one up pretty high unless they get serious about fixing it. You would think after the bad publicity of the last week they might be a bit more serious about customer satisfaction. Oh well, rant off.

Sheldon

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/02/15 01:11 AM

You just keep chewing people out and demanding this and that be done and I'm sure they will jump through hoops to please you. That always works better than being calm and trying asking what can be done to alleviate the situation whistling

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/02/15 04:14 AM

Right.

Sheldon
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/03/15 06:59 PM

Well I have almost 500 miles on my 15 5.7 Hemi 3/4 ton and towed and open trailer this weekend with my 96 3/4 ton gas truck and then my 04 3500 4x4 Cummins quad cab and was pretty impressed with the performance so far. up I will be towing my 32' enclosed LQ trailer with a 2015 Challenger Hellcat in it to the Mopar Nats this weekend, so we will see how the transmission handles it. biggrin If everything goes OK then it will be going to Moparfest the following weekend! boogie
Posted By: Cheatham

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/04/15 06:13 AM

talked to a guy not long ago with a 2014 1500 Hemi with the tick noise and finally the tick became a wheel on the lifter wore itself into the lobe of the cam and wiped the camshaft lobe out, warranty fixed it and i asked him if they put better than factory lifters which all seem to tick but he didnt know and didnt care cuz he wasnt keepn it much longer.

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/04/15 09:10 PM

My 2011 core 5.7 has 200,000+ miles on it. He said it had the noise from new but got real bad lately so he bought a low miles engine and we swapped it out. I have not taken it apart to see what it is yet.

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/07/15 12:02 AM

Originally Posted By a9sec70cuda
I have no experience w/ the new hemis, but do they have knock sensors that could be pulling timing when the motor is "knocking"? Just wondering if it was piston slap or a lifter causing the knocking sound, would the sensor mistake it for detonation and pull timing out of it?

This could have something to do with it. I had an LS1 that had knock retard come on quite a bit. GM stupidly put the pcv horizontal, which allowed oil to be pulled into the intake. Reworking the line, the valve sit vertical and the knock retard went to zero.

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/07/15 01:38 AM

The tech (and I) figures a lifter but doesn't know which bank. It's been at the dealer 10 days now. Must be a political issue because the dealer told me to call Fiat and complain. So I did that yesterday. I imagine the dealer can't spend too much time or parts on it without authority from the mother ship. Kind of silly but just send the gaskets and 16 lifters and have at it.

Sheldon

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/07/15 01:40 AM

Baby: Whatever possessed me to sell you?

Sheldon

Attached picture photo 1.JPG

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/07/15 02:10 AM

Did you ever take another one for a burn and see how the power is?

On the early 5.7's (03-08), a fix for the 5.7 tick is by replacing the pushrods with 6.1 pushrods (possibly just exhaust pushrods). It's been awhile since I read up on it but I believe they're longer.

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/07/15 05:25 AM

I feel the power is low but I just gave her short bursts as it is still new. It is more than just the "hemi tick" though. Most likely some crud plugging a passage or maybe something more serious.

Sheldon
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/07/15 03:53 PM

heads come off to put lifters in. Have seen some fail, but not enough to throw it in POS status, and more so in the last couple years..... and the magnum/re trans combo doesn't hold a candle to the hemi stuff. I've really been watching the new 2500 hemi combo. We get one traded in and I'm taking the race trailer for a pull up the mountain pass to get out of the hole I live in. If it does "ok" with my 28ft trailer, race car, golf cart, gear it might be good by 01 CTD. A friend of mine bought one where I work and so far he's ecstatic about the performance and mpg for a 2500 4x4. He works in town doing a lot of short trip driving and his avg mpg is around 14. He's also gotten over 20 on the highway empty. Not always an easy task in western AZ. And Hemi guys.... WHEN "not if" you get an exhaust leak, used copper rtv on the new gasket. My years of "beta testing" this seems to have favorable results (NO comebacks).
Posted By: feets

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/07/15 10:57 PM

Hemi lifters:

Sheldon, I certainly hope you didn't go after the dealership people as hard as you've been bashing this truck. You're all doom, gloom, and burning hatred. What happens when people open your door and immediately blast away with both barrels?

Service advisors are people first and dealership employees second. They have nothing to do with how your car was built or how it performs. Advisors are simply a go-between to put a face in a clean shirt between you and the tech wrenching on your ride. Attacking them does nothing but get you poor results from the dealership.

If you got nasty with them from step one I wish you luck getting results. Chances are good that you are already in the "run them off" file. They won't care about you. All they want is for those people to go away forever. If they burn one survey to ditch a PITA car owner it's considered a small price to pay.

I can understand frustration but you need to understand that these people aren't to blame. Treat them well and they will do everything possible to get your truck fixed and on the road again.

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/08/15 01:12 AM

To be honest Feets no. I am frustrated and I am taking it out on this forum. When we took the truck in we were very respectful although we haven't been respected. Leaving 3 and 4 messages a day to call me back over a few days and not hearing anything is disrespectful in anyone's book. Even a callback to let me know there is NO news is showing respect. When I finally got a hold of the person that didn't call me back on Saturday I let her know that was the wrong thing to do (obviously she didn't know this). Not telling her would have enabled her to keep on with this behavior don't you think?
8 days in my wife went in to check on the truck and at that time the Service Advisor told my wife we should call Fiat to apply pressure to get things moving. We did this. Yesterday Fiat called me at work to say the dealer was calling me that day to arrange a loaner for us, the dealer never called. So I called Fiat again last night. Still no word from the dealer today and it's 4 PM so they still have a chance but...
If you think this is acceptable customer treatment I would be surprised.
So I am without my one month old vehicle 11 days at this point, with no feedback from the dealer since 6 days ago. So what's acceptable, 2 months, 3 months, just let it ride and have a beer? BTW I did the Service Advisor thing for about 6 months a few years ago. It didn't go perfect but I enjoyed it and my customers enjoyed the experience as well. But then I believe giving the best service available and treating people as I like to be treated. But I will not tolerate bad treatment from anyone. If they want to start it, I'll finish it.

Sheldon

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/08/15 03:18 AM

Call the dealer about the loaner directly. Fiat okayed it so the ball is in the dealers court now. As for the if they start it you will finish it remember you still got to make the payments so who's winning?

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/08/15 04:45 PM

I didn't suggest they were treating you properly. My intent was to make sure you (and others reading this) didn't go into all out attack mode when addressing the service advisor. You say you've worked the drive so I imagine you saw a bit of it yourself.
Posted By: d100dragracer

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/09/15 05:56 AM

I have to agree with Runcharger. I have been around a long time and I have learned nice just doesn't pay off at times it just gets you walked on more especially in todays world where in my opinion most younger folks are not raised to be respectful or give a chit about anything doesn't seem like. Im like him I will be kind and respectful and give everyone a fair chance but he bought a new truck with his money he earned he should expect and receive a truck with no issues or at least whatever is wrong to be corrected no questions ask.
Now as far as the newer Hemi's im not impressed at all with the power they have no low end torque which is what is needed in a truck sure they have good power once you turn the rpm's up on them I would take a 360 with a rpm air gap intake and good four barrel carb small cam and headers over one for towing any day of the week.
I have a 3.5 Charger and have driven several 5.7 Hemi Chargers they don't feel much faster than my V6.
Posted By: gch

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/09/15 03:08 PM

Tell them to buy the pos back and you can find something else.

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/10/15 04:14 AM

We'll see what happens this week. I need it Friday. If they come to their senses, swap the bloody lifters in and it's still relatively doggy what's the best supercharger for it? I see I can add 150HP for around $7k and really that's cheaper than buying a different truck. A Supercharger should add torque and that's what this sorry thing needs.

Sheldon
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/10/15 04:42 PM

Sounds to me like you changed from a diesel and went gas but want diesel performance. Not going to happen so either live with your decision or trade it for another diesel twocents

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/10/15 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By max_maniac
Sounds to me like you changed from a diesel and went gas but want diesel performance. Not going to happen so either live with your decision or trade it for another diesel twocents

Yep.
He's all upset that a gas engine doesn't have the low end torque of a diesel.

Whadda surprise.
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/12/15 03:29 PM

Firstly, I think you're seeing the old magnum trucks through rose colored glasses. We brought a ~2500lb boat/trailer combo up from Alabama, and on the gentle rolling hills heading north, my buddy's 97 ram 1500 5.2 was a total dog, either constantly downshifting or we had to let it lose 10mph on each uphill to prevent it from dropping 1-2 gears. And it was a fuel hog while doing it.

Also runcharger, this year I visited Surrey for the first time. Very hilly area, especially compared to the flat lands I'm used to. I will say I was thankful my wife's Mazda 3 we were driving is a stick shift. I imagine an auto trans anything would feel like a constantly shifting gutless wonder when dealing with those hills. I've never been to Kelowna, but if your area is much the same, I would expect you're accustomed to your diesel which would have had the torq to do the job without all the shifting.

Also, FWIW, a co-worker of mine was recently telling me of how he "upgraded" from his 03 Chevy 2500 6.0 gas truck to a 13 Chevy 2500 6.0 gas truck. He said he's dissapointed in the new truck. He says it has more road noise than the old one, rides rougher and is constantly downshifting compared to the old one. My guess is the chevy trucks just got fatter like the dodges have.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/13/15 03:36 AM

I have 1600 miles on my 2015 2500 5.7 and towed my 32' LQ trailer with a new Hellcat in it to the Nats last weekend a total of 600 miles and was very pleased with the performance. up Fuel mileage was just around 9MPG, which is pretty close to what my 04 Cummins truck got. laugh2 I am towing the same package to Moparfest this weekend and will see what the mileage is this time. The low end grunt is not the same as the diesel for sure, and you have to run it high in the RPM's to get there but once it is moving it cruises along nicely. boogie

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/13/15 10:44 PM

To be honest Feets no. I am frustrated and I am taking it out on this forum. When we took the truck in we were very respectful although we haven't been respected. Leaving 3 and 4 messages a day to call me back over a few days and not hearing anything is disrespectful in anyone's book. Even a callback to let me know there is NO news is showing respect. When I finally got a hold of the person that didn't call me back on Saturday I let her know that was the wrong thing to do (obviously she didn't know this). Not telling her would have enabled her to keep on with this behavior don't you think?
8 days in my wife went in to check on the truck and at that time the Service Advisor told my wife we should call Fiat to apply pressure to get things moving. We did this. Yesterday Fiat called me at work to say the dealer was calling me that day to arrange a loaner for us, the dealer never called. So I called Fiat again last night. Still no word from the dealer today and it's 4 PM so they still have a chance but...
If you think this is acceptable customer treatment I would be surprised.
So I am without my one month old vehicle 11 days at this point, with no feedback from the dealer since 6 days ago. So what's acceptable, 2 months, 3 months, just let it ride and have a beer? BTW I did the Service Advisor thing for about 6 months a few years ago. It didn't go perfect but I enjoyed it and my customers enjoyed the experience as well. But then I believe giving the best service available and treating people as I like to be treated. But I will not tolerate bad treatment from anyone. If they want to start it, I'll finish it.

Sheldon

Its funny to see this posted by you. I was treated anything but respectful by you. But hey, at that moment it was as you said "more convenient" to sell the parts to the other guy. Even though i didnt haggle and was going full asking price, and said i was interested in your other parts for sale.

When i attempted to send you the money after we had talked and i should've been considered a serious buyer, my messages went unreturned. Now you are on here leaving a trail of tears over such.

Those tears are delicious, thanks.

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/14/15 03:02 AM

Ha, ha. Yup, I'm still losing sleep over not selling you those parts. Oh wait, here's where some of them are now. How do you like your rust free sheetmetal?

Sheldon

Attached picture 2015-03-14 23.04.09_zpscvgbwltm (1).jpg

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/14/15 03:04 AM

Retiring tomorrow too, oh yeah I paid cash for my truck and the 7 year warranty. Think I'm going to loose sleep over that too?

Sheldon

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/14/15 05:44 AM

Nice, a bonus tantrum. Incoherent, but I'll take it. Schadenfreude. haha
Posted By: dogdays

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/14/15 11:50 PM

Looks to me like the OP is showing us what kind of a man he really is.
Don't bother to flame, I'm done with this thread.

R.
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/15/15 12:01 AM

Retiring tomorrow too, oh yeah I paid cash for my truck and the 7 year warranty. Think I'm going to loose sleep over that too?

Sheldon

Enjoy the retirement Sheldon. Hopefully they will get the truck resolved. To me you may be able to go after the Lemon Law. You spend that much for a truck and have issues is not good. The dealer did not make the truck they only sold it. They do however owe you respect and communications. I would be equally upset. One can only hope they get it figured out.
As far as the negative comments from mister Deutschbag pay no mind. Nuf said.

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/15/15 01:55 AM

Thanks Nitrousn: The dealer did their best and documented the issues very well. If I have problems later it's all noted which will make a second go-round easier to deal with. Their communications were not up to par but they apologized for that.
What disturbs me with the performance is the ex-company Ford ecoboost is WAY more driveable and torquey than this Hemi in the same configuration of truck. I never would compare this truck to my diesel for engine performance but it should bury an Ecoboost however it's the other way around.

Sheldon
Posted By: gch

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/15/15 01:39 PM

I drove a 13 Ram 4 door 4wd with the Hemi the other day.It rides and drives better than I expected.I will say it was a little soft down low but once you get above 3500/4000 rpm it really started to pull.

I hope you noted the mileage of your vehicle when dropped off.Several dealers around here have been caught abusing vehicles when the owner left a hidden camera in the car during service visits.

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/15/15 05:14 PM

This is terrific! Not only has Sheldon been treated like he treats others, only to learn his way is the wrong way, the nitrous guy has AGAIN identified with rogue behavior as a way to spite me. Two truly sad individuals deserving of each other indeed.

His unending 5+ year quest to follow me around the board and make snarky comments has put him in support of a deadbeat that whined about a bad mark on his credit after a debt settlement with a lender. That was some trivial amount of money and the guy posts frequent pics of his 150k+ cars, high dollar house, etc. Nitrous guy thought that was worthy of going after me because i dared to say the guy should pay his debts or expect to get dinged.

Now he posts in support of a guy that is dismayed somebody wouldn't return his daily tantrum calls, even though he behaves as he pleases when it's "convenient" as he says.

All because i posted years ago that Ford made a good truck.

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/15/15 11:07 PM

Dude: You're making a fool of yourself. For anyone wondering:

Five years ago I promised Somecarguy I would sell him like $150 of truck parts. Another guy bought the whole bunch of truck parts I had for sale for like $250 or something like that. I never took any money from SomeCarGuy. I felt bad at the time but I sure don't now. He keeps slagging me for his enjoyment. I mean really five years of being upset and getting twisted out of shape that someone didn't sell you $150 of truck parts?
I won't post on this again but that's what happened. Make your own conclusions. Nitrousn is an excellent Mopartsr as well. We made a deal like 10 years ago no problems, he's a stand-up guy who says what he thinks.
Feel free to call me what you may I won't respond so your last word can be whatever you like.

Sheldon

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/15/15 11:19 PM

You offered him parts for a price and then backed out to make more money. I can see why he's unhappy with you. Kind of makes the value of your word questionable. shruggy

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/16/15 12:51 AM

Nope I sold more parts to a different guy for more money. I got the same amount for the parts in question. I could have found those same parts 5 times over since then and sold them to him for the same money but that will never happen. I got sucked into the second buyer's sob story. Like I say I felt bad then but now I'm happy I didn't sell them to this guy.

Sheldon

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/16/15 03:03 AM

I was raised that when you set a deal with someone and then backed out your became a welcher and not to be trusted. Doesn't matter why you broke your word you just did. Your word is important and you are judged by it. A man is only as good as his word and excuses mean nothing.
Posted By: chrisf

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/16/15 04:36 AM

ahh good old moparts honor bashing. shame on you Sheldon, you have caused these members a five year case of sandy vaginosis. very painful. much more severe than butthurt.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/16/15 11:44 PM

chirsf.... you're Canadian. You must remain impartial laugh2

If I were selling a part and Runcharger or Nitrousn laid claim to it I'd send it out to them before the money even arrived. Never met the guys, but I know they'd pay.

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/17/15 09:47 PM

Dude: You're making a fool of yourself. For anyone wondering:

Five years ago I promised Somecarguy I would sell him like $150 of truck parts. Another guy bought the whole bunch of truck parts I had for sale for like $250 or something like that. I never took any money from SomeCarGuy. I felt bad at the time but I sure don't now. He keeps slagging me for his enjoyment. I mean really five years of being upset and getting twisted out of shape that someone didn't sell you $150 of truck parts?
I won't post on this again but that's what happened. Make your own conclusions. Nitrousn is an excellent Mopartsr as well. We made a deal like 10 years ago no problems, he's a stand-up guy who says what he thinks.
Feel free to call me what you may I won't respond so your last word can be whatever you like.

Sheldon

You're a welcher and i let it go after you publicly admitted to being one back when it happened. I only mentioned it here because you were bitchin about a dealer not contacting you back- the very crap you pulled with me when you reneged. Being proud of welching is weird and seems to be a coping mechanism to get you through it shruggy

Your posting what an awesome customer service guy you were at some job was icing on the cake. Dont break your arm patting yourself on the back. It's all just funny to see.

The nitirous guy is just a nut. I dont know what he's like to deal with, but i do know i hadnt heard of him until the day i posted ford made a good truck. He lost it about that and has ever since just popped up to call me names and be contrary about any number of things. Good thing nobody has been outed as a child molester on here or he would attack me for condemning that. I find it odd as hell anybody would carry that nonsense on for years.
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: So are all the FIAT "Hemis" crap? - 08/18/15 02:48 AM

Quote:
I find it odd as hell anybody would carry that nonsense on for years.

Really? Look what you are doing. Don't call the kettle black mister pot. You are the unstable NUT. Everybody else moves on and you just live in the past. Get over it. If you cant help the guy zip it. For what its worth Sheldon is a man, a character you will never have. You and your daddy need to go play with your Ford Powerjokes.
© 2024 Moparts Forums