Moparts

Wheel Noise Ram 2500,,, HELP

Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Wheel Noise Ram 2500,,, HELP - 05/28/15 09:06 PM

2007 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 Diesal
Hearing a high pitch squeal with tire rotation,,,,but ONLY when I am making a turn,,, ( does not happen as i am going straight ) ,, only when making a turn,,,
eg,,,windows down,,,at a stop sign,,make a turn about 10-15 MPH,,,and you can hear a rotational squeal, high pitch scrape sound....

I thought the front disc brake wear indicator might be close to the rotor,,,or i was down on the pad,,,,,
Pads look very good,,,lots of pad left,,,,rotors are smooth ( stops fine BTW )

Can't tell if it's left or right,,,( almost sounds like both sides,,,but not sure )

Wheel bearing ? ( but wouldnt that be a issue no matter the position of the truck,,ie going straight or turning ?)

Pads moving around in the caliper ?? everything looks ok,,,at the moment,,,,

stumped on this,,,thanks for any comments,,,input.

Doug
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: Wheel Noise Ram 2500,,, HELP - 05/28/15 09:47 PM

Have you jacked it up and shaken the wheels to check for play in the wheel bearings? I had to replace the RF on mine at 95k. Left one is still good. Actually a unit bearing assy., it seems to be a fairly common occurrence on these trucks. Good video on youtube showing how to replace it. Wasn't that bad of a job.

Tim
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Wheel Noise Ram 2500,,, HELP - 05/28/15 10:57 PM

Turning will allow a bad wheel bearing to lay over and put more stress on the hub rather than straight ahead which may be the reason you only get the noise on cornering.
Posted By: buildanother

Re: Wheel Noise Ram 2500,,, HELP - 05/29/15 07:17 AM

Take a look at the distance between rotors and backing plates up front. Sometimes if service was done on front end recently the backing plate may have (accidently) bent against rotor. two cents..
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: Wheel Noise Ram 2500,,, HELP - 05/29/15 08:13 PM

If it's your unit bearings, YouTube has demonstrations of how to use the power steering to press the old one out. Make sure to antisieze the heck out of the new one(s) before assembly.
Posted By: mopar65

Re: Wheel Noise Ram 2500,,, HELP - 06/06/15 11:21 PM

Hey Doug did you ever figure out what was wrong with your truck?
© 2024 Moparts Forums