Moparts

Rear Window Gaskets Club Cab where to get?

Posted By: 1964Polara

Rear Window Gaskets Club Cab where to get? - 01/12/15 06:26 PM

I need for a 1979 Club Cab the window gaskets for the rear (side) windows. Whats the correct name and where can I get some???

Many thanx
Posted By: D_C

Re: Rear Window Gaskets Club Cab where to get? - 01/14/15 10:07 AM

Would have thought JC Whitney or Precision Restoration Parts, but I couldn't verify. You might try contacting them and if they don't make/sell them, maybe they might know who does.
Posted By: redraptor

Re: Rear Window Gaskets Club Cab where to get? - 01/16/15 01:11 AM

Think I got mine from the dealer for a 90's Club Cab. But that was almost 20 years ago.
Posted By: ramblebee

Re: Rear Window Gaskets Club Cab where to get? - 01/16/15 04:23 PM

I ended up going to boneyard and pulling glass from a 92 club cab with the moveable flip open windows. I used the hinges,latches and weather strip from the donor truck. I struck out completely on gaskets for the fixed type glass.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Rear Window Gaskets Club Cab where to get? - 01/16/15 07:52 PM

Several venders (like JC Whitney and most rubber suppliers) offer generic window rubber. You basically get a rubber form with a cross section that is close to what was originally on your vehicle and buy the rubber in lengths, by the foot, cut to fit, and super glue the ends together. To determine what cross section pattern you need, cut across (90 degrees to the run length) your existing rubber in a location that is still good, and match up your cross section with the existing options they have pictured, measure for the length of the rubber you need, and order it. They may not be "factory" and they may not be perfect on sharp bends, but they can be made to work. Street rod people have done this for years. The next option is to have a larger piece of glass cut (I suggest you make a plywood pattern for the new glass) and have the larger piece of glass bonded to your pinch welds. Gene
Posted By: 77ProStreet

Re: Rear Window Gaskets Club Cab where to get? - 01/17/15 08:45 AM

Bone yard is the way to go.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Rear Window Gaskets Club Cab where to get? - 01/18/15 04:25 PM

Quote:

Bone yard is the way to go.

So you can replace your 30+ year old rubber gaskets with other 30+ year old rubber gaskets? You understand that rubber deteriorates with time, right? Gene
© 2024 Moparts Forums