Moparts

'77 d150 coil spring length (uninstalled)

Posted By: fshd4it

'77 d150 coil spring length (uninstalled) - 01/05/15 06:39 AM

Well, I got tired of following all the "how to lower your truck" threads and not having anyplace to apply it. So my son and I now have a '77 warlock project to spend a little time together before he graduates next year. Orange 2wd with a 318, previous owner did a lot of things differently than I would have. That's putting it politely. The coils have been severely cut down, so we're going with van LCA's and new springs along with a front-end rebuild. I have a good set of front coils that came out of my '99 Durango when I lowered it; they have the same overall diameter/ coil diameter as the '77, but I don't know how close in height they would be to the originals. Does anybody have one laying around they could measure? Or better yet, point out why they won't be a good choice? I haven't found any info to compare the spring rates, but they are both small block rigs... Just hoping to use the parts I have and save a dime for somewhere else.
Thanks, Karlin
Posted By: VL21

Re: '77 d150 coil spring length (uninstalled) - 01/05/15 01:51 PM

I am pretty sure they are the same, from my '85 D100 short bed v8,
just measured, 13" free length, open end up.

I cut some out of my '98 GMC C1500, but went too far trying to cure the Dodge lean, so these will be getting cut 1 left and 1 1/2 turn right and put back in.

HTH

Jim
Posted By: fshd4it

Re: '77 d150 coil spring length (uninstalled) - 01/05/15 04:51 PM

Thanks for checking that for me, Jim. My Durango springs measure at a bit under 14", so at least I'll be in the ball park for height when we get this back together.
Posted By: 72RallyeGY8

Re: '77 d150 coil spring length (uninstalled) - 01/06/15 04:49 AM

Let's see some photos of your father/son project truck.
© 2024 Moparts Forums