Moparts

heater hose routing certain way 84 d 150

Posted By: 98RAM1500

heater hose routing certain way 84 d 150 - 12/29/14 06:08 PM

Is there a certain way the heater hoses should be hooked up ? I routed them like were on the truck. intake to right outlet (with heater valve), water pump to left outlet
Posted By: dodgedon

Re: heater hose routing certain way 84 d 150 - 12/29/14 11:53 PM

Standing at the bumper... Intake to left with the valve. Passenger fender side. Water pump to the right. Drivers side. This is the way my 85 has always been. This heater will melt snow off the roof of the cab.
Posted By: 98RAM1500

Re: heater hose routing certain way 84 d 150 - 12/30/14 02:05 AM

Thanks that's the way I have them, I just wasn't sure I never thought about whether or not if I had them the right way or not
Posted By: poorboy

Re: heater hose routing certain way 84 d 150 - 12/30/14 07:58 AM

The heater core really won't care which direction the coolant flows through it, only that it does. If the hoses are connected backwards from what they ran before, you will back flush the crud from the system, once cleaned out, it will still function the same. It is helpful the valve to shut off the flow is on the hot hose rather then the return hose because you will have more control on the hot side. The hot coolant comes from the intake, behind the thermostat, and the water pump pulls the coolant through the core. Most modern systems control the amount of air flowing through the heater core, rather then the amount of hot coolant flowing through the heater core like the 70s & 80s trucks. Gene
© 2024 Moparts Forums