Moparts

'74 W200 Powerwagon, Door Channel & Brush Seals?

Posted By: D_C

'74 W200 Powerwagon, Door Channel & Brush Seals? - 11/15/14 07:53 PM

New (to me) 1974 Dodge W200 Truck. The rubber window channels and inner/outer door window seals are in very poor, disintegrated/missing condition.

Looking for tips or advice on how to go about finding good replacement materials, affordable alternatives and installation advice.

Thanks
Posted By: GTSDart340

Re: '74 W200 Powerwagon, Door Channel & Brush Seals? - 11/15/14 11:37 PM

I bought an entire weatherstrip kit from summit for my 75. Worked pretty good, and reasonably priced.

Re: '74 W200 Powerwagon, Door Channel & Brush Seals? - 11/16/14 04:33 AM

Thanks. Did the kit include Window seals, or was it door gap weatherstripping only? What I need is the squeegee-like seal at the bottom edge of the window and the brush seal on the inside, plus the channel seals that frame the inner perimeter of the door window frame.
Posted By: GTSDart340

Re: '74 W200 Powerwagon, Door Channel & Brush Seals? - 11/16/14 04:39 AM

It was a complete kit. Door seals, window seals, and the window fuzzies. The only thing it didn't have was the vent window seal.
Posted By: VL21

Re: '74 W200 Powerwagon, Door Channel & Brush Seals? - 11/16/14 06:50 PM

Quote:

It was a complete kit. Door seals, window seals, and the window fuzzies. The only thing it didn't have was the vent window seal.

Got mine off ebay, for the '85. Keep in mind the wipers (fuzzies) are different for the pre '81s, they are straight where the 81 up have a curve at the rear.

The kit I got was IIRC about $130, and was as above, everything but the vent window rubber, and was a Precision brand.

Everything functioned as it was supposed to, the fuzzies leave a little to be desired, and the door opening weatherstrip is a push-on over the pinch weld rather than glue in place, like my original was, and yours will be.

I prefer the push on style, but it is a little thicker from the pinch weld out and made my doors harder to close, but others report no problems.

I tried some I got from the junkyard, also push on, and had the same result, time hasn't changed that, so I think it is the extra thickness.

I've just gotten used to it, slamming the door hard.

long/short of it, Precision kit works, I don't know if anyone else makes the kit, but what I have is better than what I had.

Attached picture 8332846-108.jpg

Re: '74 W200 Powerwagon, Door Channel & Brush Seals? - 11/17/14 07:38 AM

Thank You for the replies. Good to know.
Posted By: magnum440d100

Re: '74 W200 Powerwagon, Door Channel & Brush Seals? - 11/17/14 07:50 AM

Restoration specialties has them Linky

Steele rubber might(?)

Re: '74 W200 Powerwagon, Door Channel & Brush Seals? - 11/18/14 10:24 PM

Thanks Kevin. Making some progress on the W200. Sunday, I mounted the front bumper brackets, new door hinge (from you), mounted new Used front left tire, cut the crumpled rear step-bumper/receiver hitch off the frame.

Someone had welded the bumper brackets to the frame and fabricated a really ugly receiver hitch.

Sunday evening, I finally mounted the Tail Gate. Couldn't mount it until I removed that bent up rear bumper. Seems to fit fine.

Thanks
© 2024 Moparts Forums