Moparts

Jeep Commander (late Model) Any feedback?

Posted By: sthemi

Jeep Commander (late Model) Any feedback? - 11/02/14 06:07 PM

I am looking at buying a used 07 Commander, Hemi and lots of bells and whistles.
It has enough room for the family and can tow the trailer...

How is fuel mileage, and problem areas? I assume it is a Grand Cherokee with different sheet metal...

Thanks,
Posted By: Joshs68

Re: Jeep Commander (late Model) Any feedback? - 11/03/14 12:17 AM

I had one as a company vehicle for a few years. I had an 09 with the small engine.
No real issues to speak of and I did like it. Sit in the back seat first, there is not much room. Typical for all Jeeps...

Otherwise, I liked it and it was a good vehicle.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Jeep Commander (late Model) Any feedback? - 11/03/14 01:40 AM

I had a friend interested in them a little while back. We had a customer come to work with one needing a battery so I asked him how he liked it. He was not a fan at all, he actually got mad talking about how much he hated it lol. They went from a liberty to the commander for the size and were not happy. He said whenever something went wrong he found x amount of people online with the same problem, like it was purposely following a checklist of failures.

Re: Jeep Commander (late Model) Any feedback? - 11/03/14 07:21 AM

thanks for the replies
Posted By: GO_Fish

Re: Jeep Commander (late Model) Any feedback? - 11/04/14 07:44 PM

me personally, I'd shy away because of the limited production run. Sheet metal & trim could get increasingly hard to find as the years go by. Not a problem with the GC.

Re: Jeep Commander (late Model) Any feedback? - 11/05/14 07:35 AM

GO FISH
I complete argee, the unique sheet metal for them could get pricey, Living in the rust belt world Headquarters, it will rot away in a few years anyway...
I am really attracted to the taller roofline. Being 6ft 5 I need it !
Posted By: AdventurerSport

Re: Jeep Commander (late Model) Any feedback? - 11/06/14 08:17 PM

My sister-in-law bought a new 2010 Jeep Commander Limited Hemi 4x4 in Dec. 2009. She loved it all winter, not so much in the summer (black, large, hard to park, not great gas mileage). She also drives a Prius, (talk about polar opposites) and she brags on the gas mileage of the Prius, but loves the safety/luxury of the Jeep Commander. Hers had a clutch problem in the transfer case fixed twice under warranty, and other than that, no major issues in 110,000 miles...

JS

Re: Jeep Commander (late Model) Any feedback? - 11/10/14 07:16 AM

Thanks,
It seems like a Grand Cherokee mechanical wise, so it should be pretty much the same service wise.
© 2024 Moparts Forums