Moparts

79 Warlock Info?

Posted By: TimS

79 Warlock Info? - 10/29/14 09:03 PM

Friend of mine is looking at buying a 79 Dodge Warlock. I have a copy of the window sticker and it says the truck is blue. GK9602 is on the sheet with Warlock body package beside it. I didn't think blue was an option for a warlock. It also doesn't have the exhaust stacks. Is there a good place to get info on one of these? Thanks.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: 79 Warlock Info? - 10/29/14 09:11 PM

I had a maroon 79 Warlock II, no stacks ever on a Warlock. They were available in 6 colors, I don't think blue is one of them.
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: 79 Warlock Info? - 10/29/14 09:46 PM

My '79 was black. I can't say I've heard of a blue one, can you post any pics of the truck and/or window sticker?

Attached picture 8315374-0604687-R1-042-19A.jpg

Re: 79 Warlock Info? - 10/30/14 04:14 AM

I don't have a real good copy of the window sticker. I'll get a better one. Truck was shipped to Round Road Storage in Michigan. 318 2 BBL. Did Chrysler send these step side trucks out to be modified as a Warlock?
Posted By: redraptor

Re: 79 Warlock Info? - 10/31/14 12:44 AM

I believe this was a dealer installed option. Blue was a rare color as was sunfire orange. Most were green or black.
I think what used to be Hampton Roads is now here if you want information.
https://www.facebook.com/lilredtruckclub
Posted By: dynotune440

Re: 79 Warlock Info? - 10/31/14 01:36 AM

Quote:

Friend of mine is looking at buying a 79 Dodge Warlock. I have a copy of the window sticker and it says the truck is blue. GK9602 is on the sheet with Warlock body package beside it. I didn't think blue was an option for a warlock. It also doesn't have the exhaust stacks. Is there a good place to get info on one of these? Thanks.

Would like to see that window sticker. There is one know truck that came thru in "nightwatch blue" and was in MCG a few years back.
Stacks were not stock image Warlock models.

Re: 79 Warlock Info? - 10/31/14 12:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Would like to see that window sticker. There is one know truck that came thru in "nightwatch blue" and was in MCG a few years back.
Stacks were not stock image Warlock models.

Yes. It does say Night Watch Blue on the window sticker. I don't believe this truck was in MCG. I'll check. If not, now there is 2 known.
Posted By: 79beep

Re: 79 Warlock Info? - 10/31/14 09:27 PM

they are cool trucks I have a orange one.
Posted By: dynotune440

Re: 79 Warlock Info? - 11/01/14 06:02 PM

Here is my Warlock II Powerwagon

Attached picture 8318117-0515111831.jpg

Re: 79 Warlock Info? - 11/02/14 01:24 AM

Quote:

Here is my Warlock II Powerwagon

Cool
Posted By: marvo451

Re: 79 Warlock Info? - 11/04/14 10:17 PM

My Warlock was Sable Sunfire...... Dark very metallic brown
Posted By: MachoMan

Re: 79 Warlock Info? - 11/05/14 11:11 PM

Quote:

Blue was a rare color as was sunfire orange.

Quite a few oranges were built. More popular than you would think in both 78 & 9.

Now Nightwatch Blue is RARE as well as colored interiors for 79.

Re: 79 Warlock Info? - 11/09/14 01:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Blue was a rare color as was sunfire orange.

Quite a few oranges were built. More popular than you would think in both 78 & 9.

Now Nightwatch Blue is RARE as well as colored interiors for 79.

I work with a family member of the original owner here in Indiana. The original owner passed away in Texas were the truck was delivered from Michigan back in early 1980. Story goes, over the years he had mentioned that his local Chrysler dealership would do periodic maintenance on the truck so Chrysler could track its progress as time went by.
The guy inheriting the truck is taking it to someone there in Texas who is supposed to know these trucks for possible sale.
© 2024 Moparts Forums