Moparts

2011 Durango with trailer turn signals/hazards not work

Posted By: 11secaarcuda

2011 Durango with trailer turn signals/hazards not work - 09/21/14 08:35 PM

I just put a factory hitch on my 2011 Durango, and it had the wiring harness already on it, I just had to splice the 7 way pigtail at the rear and then plug in the brake controller up under the dash. The turn signals and hazard flashers will not work. Everything else is working fine. Is there a separate circuit I have to tap into to get the turn signals and hazard lights to work on the trailer?
Posted By: Todd

Re: 2011 Durango with trailer turn signals/hazards not work - 09/21/14 09:43 PM

If you added the hitch then I don't ever remember them being already wired with a trailer plug.
If it was wired correctly (with a Mopar harness)
Then the sales code needs to be added to the build configuration so the TIPM turns on the circuit.
Posted By: superwrench

Re: 2011 Durango with trailer turn signals/hazards not work - 09/21/14 11:44 PM

Quote:

If you added the hitch then I don't ever remember them being already wired with a trailer plug.
If it was wired correctly (with a Mopar harness)
Then the sales code needs to be added to the build configuration so the TIPM turns on the circuit.

....What he says.

Even when installing a Mopar Fog Light system, the vehicle needs to have the circuit in the TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) enabled or the lights won't work.
Probably should go to the Dealer to have this done.
Posted By: 11secaarcuda

Re: 2011 Durango with trailer turn signals/hazards not work - 09/22/14 04:49 AM

thank you, I'll have it done next time it goes in for service. I will probably only tow once this year anyway.
© 2024 Moparts Forums