Moparts

Am I screwed or is it fixable?

Posted By: midnite360

Am I screwed or is it fixable? - 09/16/14 05:50 PM

I am rebuilding the front end in my 77 D100. The cam bolts on the Upper Control Arms where about welded in place they were so stuck. I ended up tearing up the metel around the Cam bolt which would be for the caster adjustments I am assuming. Is there an after market fix for this..? Or will I be ok to bolt everything up and having to live with suspension alighments being a nightmare?
Posted By: SALEM1912

Re: Am I screwed or is it fixable? - 09/17/14 03:44 AM

Are you talking about the ears that the cams would rub against to get the arm to move in and out? If so a good alignment shop could work around this problem to get the truck in align.

Attached picture 8272446-camadj.gif
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Am I screwed or is it fixable? - 09/17/14 05:31 AM

As long as the "ear" is structurally sound, you should be OK.

If your real concerned, the little cam stops are not that hard to fabricate and weld into place. Gene
Posted By: midnite360

Re: Am I screwed or is it fixable? - 09/17/14 07:55 PM

Thanks guys, I will let it roll and find a good alignment shop. If it doesn't workout I will fan up the cam stops, ears, or what ever the tern is for them... The mounts themselves are structurally sound... Just the stops are broken into off.
Posted By: BulletBob

Re: Am I screwed or is it fixable? - 09/17/14 08:01 PM

Make them as straight as possible & run a bead or two with a welder on the back sides
That's how my buddy who used to roundy round our style of trucks used to do as part of chassis prep

Helps keep the wheels lined better after a wreck
© 2024 Moparts Forums