Moparts

What exhaust brake are you Cummins guys running?

Posted By: 70HemiGTX

What exhaust brake are you Cummins guys running? - 05/13/14 02:43 PM

I just picked up an 04, 3500, 24valve, 6 speed, 3.73 gears and need to put an exhaust brake on it. Which one are you guys using? I have a Jacobs on my '95 that works great. But I was looking on the bag at what's available and found Jacobs, Pacbrake, BullyDog, and Banks. Jacobs has a vacuum pump that needs to be installed. BullyDog has an aircompressor that needs to be installed. The others I'm not exactly sure what needs to be done. Who has had the best luck with what? I'm really not keen on putting a vac. pump on the engine to run the brake nor have an aircompressor to run the valve. I guess this is the way it is though.
Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: What exhaust brake are you Cummins guys running? - 05/13/14 02:54 PM

I know a few running a Pacbrake and that is what I will be installing it uses an air compressor.
Posted By: ViperDave

Re: What exhaust brake are you Cummins guys running? - 05/15/14 01:24 PM

I have a PAC brake on my 01 HO truck. I like it, turn it on when I hitch up the trailer and off I go. first diesel i've had with an exhaust brake.
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: What exhaust brake are you Cummins guys running? - 05/15/14 03:17 PM

I have my original "Rambrake", (later renamed E Brake after complaints from Dodge) from Cummins. When I sold my '96 and got my '01 I moved it from the old to the new. It's been flawless.

Robert
© 2024 Moparts Forums