Moparts

tonneau covers

Posted By: maxie

tonneau covers - 05/04/14 02:32 AM

Do you have one?
what brand?
pros?
cons?

looking to buy one for my 2003 long bed dodge, mainly want to keep luggage dry and dirt/trash out of the bed of the truck
Posted By: Roadcuda

Re: tonneau covers - 05/04/14 02:43 AM

This is what I put on my '14 Ram short bed. It was easy to install stays nice and tight and easily rolls up out of the way if you need to use the full bed for tall objects. I found the best deal on Amazon.

http://truxedo.com/truxport/land.php
Posted By: 72N96RR

Re: tonneau covers - 05/04/14 02:47 AM

I put a fiberglass hard cover and it has drawbacks but I have no regrets..

If I had to do it over I would spray the bed with LINE X first..Then a bedrug which I have now and love it...Then the tonneau of your choice..
Posted By: billsautoworks

Re: tonneau covers - 05/04/14 02:55 AM

I am very happy with the Lund roll up cover, the braces are right in the cover, they also offer a tri-fold but that would not work for me . I have the roll up on 2 of my trucks, one has been on the for over 450,000 miles since 2006 with no problems. $300.00 at Summit.
Posted By: slax69gts

Re: tonneau covers - 05/04/14 05:29 AM

yah i have the Lund also on my dakota r/t. fits nice and pretty tight. i like the snap type myself. gave my solar yellow truck the perfect look with my bumble bee stripe.
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: tonneau covers - 05/04/14 06:01 AM

Truxedo lo-pro qt and dont look back.
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: tonneau covers - 05/04/14 01:30 PM

Quote:

X2
I never thought I would be a fan of soft tonneau covers till I put one on the GF's truck. If I ever buy a new Ram, it's getting the same.
Posted By: maxie

Re: tonneau covers - 05/04/14 05:09 PM

Is there any concern or worry about them sagging from snow or is that a thing from the past?
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: tonneau covers - 05/04/14 05:26 PM

Quote:

Is there any concern or worry about them sagging from snow or is that a thing from the past?

They have several tubular cross bars that roll up with the cover. We get 5 times the snow that you get and I have never seen a damaged one. We sell close to 100 a year.
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: tonneau covers - 05/05/14 06:27 PM

http://www.americantonneaucompany.com/

I have one of these. Very pleased with it. Still looks new after 2 years.
Posted By: 85_Ram_4speed

Re: tonneau covers - 05/07/14 12:31 PM

Extang Full Tilt model. Best cover I have used, I just bought my third one of my latest daily driver. The other two I have are over ten years old, and still no issues.

Snow is not a problem, but I try to get it off as soon as I can. But I have had 18 inches of snow on them before, and no issues with the cover or braces. It does tend to strech the material until you get the weight off, then it tightens back up.

The allure for me was it tilts like a hard cover, rolls up like a soft cover, or what I do the majority of time if I need to put tall stuff in the bed, I can lift it off in one piece by myself leaving it snapped to the frame. Super Super versatile.
Posted By: Golden-Arm

Re: tonneau covers - 05/07/14 08:14 PM

x-3

besides being low profile, and fully self supported, it is fully removable in about a minute. only "downside" is you must remember to close the tailgate first, before you lock the back section down. this places the weatherseal on top of the tailgate, where it belongs, instead of inside the tailgate, that will allow water inside.
Posted By: 76dodgeboy

Re: tonneau covers - 05/08/14 04:12 AM

LMC offers them in their new catalog for 72-93
Posted By: denfireguy

Re: tonneau covers - 05/08/14 09:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

X2
I never thought I would be a fan of soft tonneau covers till I put one on the GF's truck. If I ever buy a new Ram, it's getting the same.

Laramie package comes with one. Craig
© 2024 Moparts Forums