Moparts

New wiper motor is in, but I have a question still?

Posted By: bigblock340power

New wiper motor is in, but I have a question still? - 04/28/14 05:01 PM

I see in some of the ads for the windshield wiper motor ('76 D100) that they indicate that the motor is for "Front; Motor without Washer Pump" (Rock auto.com). I'm wondering what this means? I also found this one on E bag.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231074384450?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648
My truck has a washer pump (activated by the dash mount switch). Will this motor not work for my application?
Posted By: stumpy

Re: I'm replacing my wiper motor, but I have a question? - 04/28/14 06:17 PM

Any reason you can't just take your old one to a local parts store and march it up with a new one? I don't see why your washer pump wouldn't work if it's the one mounted on the radiator support with the little pump motor on the bottom of it.

Re: I'm replacing my wiper motor, but I have a question? - 04/28/14 06:37 PM

Quote:

Any reason you can't just take your old one to a local parts store and march it up with a new one?

Yep, I just got back from doing that. We talked over the window washer pump thing. Seems it has nothing to do with the wiper motor. I'm just wondering why they would put this statement/stipulation in "Front; Motor without Washer Pump" for any reason? I went to Oreilly, found the one I needed. Cost a couple dollars more than Rock auto, but I'll have it here by 10:30 today! So out to take the old one out.
Thanks
Posted By: 98RAM1500

Re: I'm replacing my wiper motor, but I have a question? - 04/28/14 07:08 PM

Chevrolet does that on there 70's & 80's truck they have the washer pump on the wiper motor which is driven by the wiper motor, dodge never did that "thank god"
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: I'm replacing my wiper motor, but I have a question? - 04/29/14 02:24 PM

that way counter jerk knows it is not the wiper washer motor on the washer bottle.

Re: I'm replacing my wiper motor, but I have a question? - 05/05/14 07:48 PM

Ok, new wiper motor's in now. Tested it and still won't park, and doesn't have two speeds either (but neither did the old one). I checked all the wiring, connections, and continuity. Thinking it's the switch. What do you motor heads out there think?
Posted By: WyleECoyote

Re: I'm replacing my wiper motor, but I have a question? - 05/05/14 09:46 PM

Quote:

Ok, new wiper motor's in now. Tested it and still won't park, and doesn't have two speeds either (but neither did the old one). I checked all the wiring, connections, and continuity. Thinking it's the switch. What do you motor heads out there think?

Run a ground wire from the battery right to the case of the motor; see if it will park then.

Re: I'm replacing my wiper motor, but I have a question? - 05/06/14 02:50 AM

Run a ground wire from the battery right to the case of the motor; see if it will park then.

If I do this, and it parks, that means? But if doesn't park (or does the same thing), that means?
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: I'm replacing my wiper motor, but I have a question? - 05/06/14 05:17 AM

Does it have the woven ground strap ?

If the ground wire makes it work you need a ground wire.

If that doesnt work Id try changing the switch.

Re: I'm replacing my wiper motor, but I have a question? - 05/06/14 04:33 PM

Quote:

Does it have the woven ground strap ?

If the ground wire makes it work you need a ground wire.

If that doesnt work Id try changing the switch.

No, it's a solid thin brass strap.

Tried the ground wire idea to the (-) battery post, no dice/same thing. It's looking more and more like the switch I guess.

A few other questions: This wiper motor looks like a two speed wiper motor to me (as does the old one). Mostly cause of it's configuration/case (I've seen in cars). The wiper motor I have in my duster looks completely different (it's a three speed). Am I correct in assuming this is true in trucks too? Did the trucks come with three speed wipers (as an option?)? So (of course) the switch should be for a two speed too? I just don't want to mix/match components.
Thanks again.
Oh! I'm having a hard time finding these wiper motor switches! Anybody
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: I'm replacing my wiper motor, but I have a question? - 05/06/14 11:33 PM

Oh! I'm having a hard time finding these wiper motor switches!

Why is that??? 72-80 d series trucks all use the same switch.
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: I'm replacing my wiper motor, but I have a question? - 05/07/14 02:51 AM

35 + year old truck..

theres a couple on the bag, but they must be gold plated.
Posted By: 98RAM1500

Re: I'm replacing my wiper motor, but I have a question? - 05/07/14 03:19 AM

this place has one dunno if it's new or used for 20 bucks, I bought a cargo light assembly from them and it was used, but in great shape & for 25 bucks couldn't argue with that price

http://www.mopartruckparts.com/group-08.html

Re: I'm replacing my wiper motor, but I have a question? - 05/07/14 05:07 AM

Quote:

this place has one dunno if it's new or used for 20 bucks, I bought a cargo light assembly from them and it was used, but in great shape & for 25 bucks couldn't argue with that price

http://www.mopartruckparts.com/group-08.html

Yup, that's where I ended up getting one. All in all, $28.00 bucks (used, and guaranteed to work OK). No parts places have them, and very few others too!
© 2024 Moparts Forums