Moparts

bought a jeep liberty CDI diesel

Posted By: Moparnut426

bought a jeep liberty CDI diesel - 04/09/14 05:13 PM

2005 jeep Liberty 2.8 CDI turbo diesel.

Bought it for 1200 bucks with a hurt engine. I have all the special tools required to rebuild this lil girl, so Im gonna yank the engine tonight and tear down to do the autopsy. Thinking a valvedropped cause it will rotate almost360 degrees, then dead head.

Kinda excited to get it going. With my dealership price on the parts Even if I have to replace 1 sleeve and 1 piston, provited the head isnt junk, ill have 1200 in the engine. Thats gaskets, seals, parts, and pieces.

I did find a company who sells the timing belt, pulleys, and water pump for a lot cheaper than I can get it. Soillgo that rout. Also found that Greendiesel.com has a EGR delete kit, andprograming to make it get closer to 35 MPG.

Ill keep you guys updated.
Posted By: Hem1orange

Re: bought a jeep liberty CDI diesel - 04/10/14 03:50 AM

Sounds like a good deal.
Hopefully it will be a quick fix.

Ron

Re: bought a jeep liberty CDI diesel - 04/10/14 03:56 AM

i hope so, I think I may have found a wrecked Liberty with 74k on it for under 2K.

We will see what happends
Posted By: john55

Re: bought a jeep liberty CDI diesel - 04/10/14 11:48 PM

Quote:

2005 jeep Liberty 2.8 CDI turbo diesel.

Bought it for 1200 bucks with a hurt engine. I have all the special tools required to rebuild this lil girl, so Im gonna yank the engine tonight and tear down to do the autopsy. Thinking a valvedropped cause it will rotate almost360 degrees, then dead head.

Kinda excited to get it going. With my dealership price on the parts Even if I have to replace 1 sleeve and 1 piston, provited the head isnt junk, ill have 1200 in the engine. Thats gaskets, seals, parts, and pieces.

I did find a company who sells the timing belt, pulleys, and water pump for a lot cheaper than I can get it. Soillgo that rout. Also found that Greendiesel.com has a EGR delete kit, andprograming to make it get closer to 35 MPG.

Ill keep you guys updated.

my parents had one, we replaced head gasket, timing belt , computer and other little things, they finally traded it off, it was fun for the first 100k miles though

Re: bought a jeep liberty CDI diesel - 04/11/14 03:19 PM

Darn thing dosnt even run, and I wrecked it last night. Towing it out of my show with my rino. I thought, i know I thought I had enought length between us, but the wheels were just a slight turn to the left, and after it hit the slight grade from the apron it came like a banshee, and rearended my rino, little dinger onthe left fender and scratched the bumper cover. I had planned on doing plasti dip on the front cover and rear cover anyways, so this just makes that a done deal.

Needless tosay I was very HOT, and upset with myself.

On the flip side,

I found a cheap engine I THINK.......
© 2024 Moparts Forums