Moparts

Found vibration in my 2004 Dodge Duallie:

Posted By: Hemi Joe

Found vibration in my 2004 Dodge Duallie: - 03/24/14 07:58 PM

A few months ago I asked for help in solving my vibration problem in my Cummins 04 duallie. Received a lot of good imput and as you may remember, I had the 48re trans gone through, had a new flex plate and converter and every u-joint replaced on the truck and I still had a vibration from 58mph to about 70 mph.
Well boys and girls, I listened to an old friend, Ed Eckenrode who told me it was in the motor, which I might add, was a new re-man Cummins! Well Ed was correct, it was a bad injector which only had 20,000 miles on it. It was partially plugged, so it appeared that the electrical tip was cracked and was not fully working! Finally the vibration was gone, what a relief. Thanks for all your help. HEMI JOE
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Found vibration in my 2004 Dodge Duallie: - 03/24/14 08:17 PM

Glad you found it. Those sort of things can be really hard to diagnose without feeling it for yourself.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Found vibration in my 2004 Dodge Duallie: - 03/24/14 11:43 PM

You got lucky, I blew-up two 5.9 Cummins engines due to bad injectors, one went wide open the other shut down completely.
Posted By: Hemi Joe

Re: Found vibration in my 2004 Dodge Duallie: - 03/25/14 05:55 AM

That is why I had a reman Cummins installed, a piece broke off my old injector on my original motor then went through the turbo, then sucked the oil out of the motor and then I encountered run away diesel! That's all she wrote! HEMI JOE
© 2024 Moparts Forums