Moparts

sweptline parts search

Posted By: bigblock4x4

sweptline parts search - 03/18/14 11:11 PM

anyone know of any good salvage yards that deal with sweptline trucks only?i have been looking everywhere for a rear bumper and brackets for my 68 utiline s/b,having a hell of a time finding one,lol,thanks
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: sweptline parts search - 03/19/14 02:12 AM

The only person I know is Jim Welters in Verona, Missouri. He has a few dozen on his property. Have you tried the Sweptline forums?

http://www.sweptline.org/forums/

Re: sweptline parts search - 03/19/14 05:13 PM

yes,i've looked on there several times and ebay,if i even had a good descriptive picture(i/e demensions and such) i would take a shot at making my own,lol,i really dont wanna a new style bumper on it,i like the old ones better,i'm wierd,lol
Posted By: moparpollack

Re: sweptline parts search - 03/19/14 06:41 PM

Buds Salvage in Aline Ok has a few sweptlines.
Posted By: Sherrick1980

Re: sweptline parts search - 03/19/14 07:50 PM

I have a 69 but it's a long bed maybe brackets are the same I have several sweptlines but no utiline beds
Posted By: Sherrick1980

Re: sweptline parts search - 03/19/14 08:05 PM

I am in need of a 70-71 tailgate a set of side mirrors and a grill
Posted By: Soopernaut

Re: sweptline parts search - 03/19/14 08:19 PM

The Utiline rear bumper is a hard to find item. Did you post a wanted ad on sweptline.org or just look for one listed? I haven't seen one listed in a long time but someone might have one they are willing to part with.

There are still lots of these trucks in salvage yards but most are long wide bed trucks with big aftermarket bumpers.

A good tailgate, grille and mirror arms are still out there but you'd be better off looking in the South. The tailgates up here are usually rusted through. I bought 2 really nice grilles from local salvage yards. I've bought many mirror arms over the years as well.

Re: sweptline parts search - 03/20/14 01:50 AM

Quote:

The Utiline rear bumper is a hard to find item. Did you post a wanted ad on sweptline.org or just look for one listed? I haven't seen one listed in a long time but someone might have one they are willing to part with.

There are still lots of these trucks in salvage yards but most are long wide bed trucks with big aftermarket bumpers.

A good tailgate, grille and mirror arms are still out there but you'd be better off looking in the South. The tailgates up here are usually rusted through. I bought 2 really nice grilles from local salvage yards. I've bought many mirror arms over the years as well.

what can i expect too pay for should i find one?i know where one utiline is,but i cant remember if it had a rear bumper or not,wasnt needing one when i seen it,dang it wish i woulda now
Posted By: funnycar65

Re: sweptline parts search - 03/20/14 02:30 AM

I had one bought for $200 for my 64 Utiline until a guy spouted off on facebook about the last one selling on ebay for $500.Guy flaked and listed his on ebay,it sold for $200,karma got him.
© 2024 Moparts Forums