Moparts

Shelby Dakota Radiator Question

Posted By: moparrush

Shelby Dakota Radiator Question - 02/25/14 02:19 AM

Can any of you Shelby Dakota owners let me know what size is the factory radiator in your truck. Pics would be greatly appreciated. Just bought one this past weekend. Saved it from the scrappers. All there except someone took the radiator out of it. I have looked over the net and have read two different sizes available. I want to know what size came with the truck. The factory part number was 4266880 I know, but can't find pics of that either. So if someone has pics of that and also how the fans mounted to it, I would be super grateful. Thanks.....
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: Shelby Dakota Radiator Question - 02/25/14 03:23 AM

do you have a tape measure?
Posted By: Golden-Arm

Re: Shelby Dakota Radiator Question - 02/25/14 03:43 AM

i'll shoot some pics in the morning, upper hose on the drivers side, lower on the pass. trans tank on the bottom, with a trans cooler inline. it's the same radiator used in the 4x4 sport with the v-6.

Re: Shelby Dakota Radiator Question - 02/25/14 09:39 AM

I have a regular Dakota sport so I know what the radiator looks like in that one, but as to your tape measure comment, duh, if the radiator was there I would measure it, but it was missing so I'm trying to see if the Shelby radiator was like the Dakota Sport (around 21" long) or the wider 25 something inch radiator. So I was hoping a Shelby owner out there could give me a lil help in figuring out what size I need to find a suitable replacement one.

Re: Shelby Dakota Radiator Question - 02/25/14 10:06 PM

the rad is 26" wide, 22" tall (from bottom of tank to top of tank) and 2" deep. it has 2 rows. flange mounted on front side, to back of rad support. as i mentioned above, just get a 1989 dakota sport v-6 radiator, unless the "shelby" one is the same price.

as far as the fans go, if you have original fans, they mount to the front of the rad support, using the same holes the radiator mounts to. you have to pull the grill and headlight surrounds, and will have to move the center support. the outline of the fan mount should be visible on the radiator support, where it was mounted before.

Attached picture 8052693-aaaaa.jpg

Re: Shelby Dakota Radiator Question - 02/26/14 06:11 AM

Yes I do have the original fans but they were laying inside the truck. I'm going to test them, but was told that they run fine. Someone got into the truck and just stole the radiator.

I know you stated that they are flange mounted. Question...on the Regular Dakota Sport they mount to the core support with to rubber gromets at the top of the radiator. Is the one in your Shelby mounted like that or is it mounted on the side. I'm going to see if I can enlarge your pic to get a better look, but I just thought I would ask.

Thanks for the pic btw, and the help.

Re: Shelby Dakota Radiator Question - 02/26/14 08:38 AM

yeah, there's a small grommet to keep to from laying right against the support. check the fans before you put it all back together. it sucks to have to pull the front apart, to find out why they dont work, if they dont.
© 2024 Moparts Forums