Moparts

Converting manual windows to power - 93 Ram

Posted By: Baxter61

Converting manual windows to power - 93 Ram - 01/27/14 10:00 PM

Has anyone done this? I found a kit for about $350 but was curious if anyone has found a cheaper but still quality route to doing this? I realize Im kinda splitting hairs here since the regulators for some of the cars Ive worked on were only $100ish each so times 2 that's $200, but I also am not entirely sure on the quality of the kit. Thanks!
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: Converting manual windows to power - 93 Ram - 01/27/14 11:09 PM

get the factory regulators, switching, wiring and go for it. I wouldnt try any aftermarket/offshore stuff..
Posted By: Baxter61

Re: Converting manual windows to power - 93 Ram - 01/27/14 11:43 PM

were they available in 93 with power windows?
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: Converting manual windows to power - 93 Ram - 01/28/14 12:08 AM

Quote:

Got two '93 Ramcharger LE, both w/ PW. The 318 drivers side window broke yesterday, motor runs, no movement. You can slide the window up and down by hand about half way. I'll be looking into it soon, suspect stripped window motor gear.

Robert
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Converting manual windows to power - 93 Ram - 01/28/14 01:43 AM

My 93 one ton has one power window, the passenger side has never worked since I owned it. I bought a used door last year that was complete with everything for $50, might want to look into that route first.
Posted By: hp383

Re: Converting manual windows to power - 93 Ram - 01/28/14 02:12 AM

My 86 Ramcharger has power windows, and I have had an 84 with them also.

I cant say for sure, but they probably had them in 81 with the new body style.
Posted By: buildanother

Re: Converting manual windows to power - 93 Ram - 01/28/14 03:27 AM

80 was the first year for power windows. I swapped all the factory parts onto an 89 ramcharger that had crank ups. Took a couple of days and best part was the fact that the power window switches had a dotted line to cut out on back of door panels and that was also where the cranks were. Worked out perfect.
Posted By: TooMany62s

Re: Converting manual windows to power - 93 Ram - 01/29/14 02:25 PM

I converted my '84 to power windows and locks using junkyard parts from an '89.

Attached picture 8016779-DSC00093.JPG
Posted By: therocks

Re: Converting manual windows to power - 93 Ram - 01/29/14 06:26 PM

My 83 had them also.My motors went and I got something like 5 free from my buddys junkyard.They came out of 5th avenues.Only thing was the wiring was opposite from the Rams.Just switched the wires around and they worked great.Rocky
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Converting manual windows to power - 93 Ram - 01/30/14 03:59 AM

Quote:

I converted my '84 to power windows and locks using junkyard parts from an '89.

Dan....that is one clean good looking truck

Rickster
Posted By: retiredguy

Re: Converting manual windows to power - 93 Ram - 01/30/14 10:00 PM

I'm in the process of changing my LRE from manual to power windows and door locks. I got all of the parts from a 89 Ram 250 Van. I took everything for the windows and locks, including the motors, solenoids, switches, relays and all of the wiring and connectors. All of this stuff cost me around $185 at pick n pull. I did the same thing on my 73 Duster and it turned out great. Good luck on your project.

Larry
Posted By: 85_Ram_4speed

Re: Converting manual windows to power - 93 Ram - 01/31/14 01:12 AM

Just for curiousity, I took a look on Rock Auto. About $50-60 for each regulator and about $40 for each motor. I don't know how complete the regulators are--I.E. do they need more small parts to make them work?

I figured I would just throw this out there.

I have door panels and switches so far for my conversion. One of these days I hope I can score the rest of the parts at a yard so I can change my '85 over.
Posted By: TooMany62s

Re: Converting manual windows to power - 93 Ram - 01/31/14 02:50 PM

It's been a long time since I converted mine using junk yard parts but I'm pretty sure I had to remove some mounting brackets and other misc parts from the donor truck.
Posted By: bohmer2

Re: Converting manual windows to power - 93 Ram - 05/03/14 03:59 AM

Any of you that converted want to sell your driver's side manual regulator? Or point to a source for a new one?
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: Converting manual windows to power - 93 Ram - 05/03/14 04:08 AM

Check the LMC catalog thread. Pretty sure I saw regulators in there reasonably priced.

Robert
Posted By: Mopar2DBone

Re: Converting manual windows to power - 93 Ram - 05/03/14 05:12 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Got two '93 Ramcharger LE, both w/ PW. The 318 drivers side window broke yesterday, motor runs, no movement. You can slide the window up and down by hand about half way. I'll be looking into it soon, suspect stripped window motor gear.

Robert

Take the flat plate off the gear drive on the motor and replace the broke plastic pieces with steel ball bearings and it will work better than new..
Posted By: bohmer2

Re: Converting manual windows to power - 93 Ram - 05/03/14 02:54 PM

Quote:

Check the LMC catalog thread. Pretty sure I saw regulators in there reasonably priced.

Robert

Price wasn't bad, but they are listed as back ordered! That soon after the catalog release leads me to believe they don't have them yet.
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Converting manual windows to power - 93 Ram - 05/15/14 04:15 AM

Ive used the universal kits off ebay for converting manual to power. They are less than 100$ and super easy to install as all they do is actuate your stock manual window regulator. They can put more torq on that mechanism than you can by hand. Have em in 3 vehicles and so far so good. For the cost and hassle, I wouldn't fight with the stock stuff unless it was free.
© 2024 Moparts Forums