Moparts

It's a funny squeaky noise!

Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

It's a funny squeaky noise! - 01/15/14 12:06 AM

I have a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee, it has rear disc brakes on it. I just recently replaced both the rotors,pads, and left rear caliper(all new parts) due to parts that were worn out, and a constant squeaking coming from the left rear side of the brakes. While driving anywhere from 10-50 mph I can hear this noise STILL coming from the left rear side of the rear brakes!! Anyone here experience this before...any help is appreciated!

Also...wanted to mention, this Jeep is my DD, I don't go out 4 wheeling or any crazy stuff with it..just a commuter vehicle.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: It's a funny squeaky noise! - 01/15/14 12:12 AM

Just for grins check to see if maybe you have a pad on backwards. Sometimes if one is in a hurry that can happen.
Posted By: basketcase

Re: It's a funny squeaky noise! - 01/15/14 12:16 AM

did that once, wasn't a funny squeek, it destroyed the rotor on my gfs car.

Re: It's a funny squeaky noise! - 01/15/14 12:34 AM

Thanks Stumpy, but everything was double checked
before it was buttoned up, pads are all on correctly. I called a local shop, and they
mentioned that the axle shaft itself may be out of round...anyone here ever hear of this...causing
a squeaking noise??
Posted By: old_goat

Re: It's a funny squeaky noise! - 01/15/14 02:11 AM

Check your u joints and wheel bearings. I have had a dry ujoint be the culprit to a squeak. Jack it up and put it on jack stands. Block the front wheels, and have a friend put it in drive....just my 5 cents worth. Could be a sticky caliper too. You could check that while you have it up in the air.
ok, my 8 cents worth, haha!

Re: It's a funny squeaky noise! - 01/15/14 02:18 AM

The left rear caliper is new, along with the other
parts I mentioned...but the u joints and bearings I will have to check, since those have not been replaced since I have owned this Jeep...(bought it from a private seller a few years ago) Thanks! Any other words of wisdom from you guys?
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: It's a funny squeaky noise! - 01/15/14 04:03 AM

Did you you use brake grease on the back of the pad?
Posted By: hunterstroble

Re: It's a funny squeaky noise! - 01/17/14 04:36 AM

Often times the aftermarket pad slides, clips, ect will rub the rotor because the are not quite right. I always reuse the factory shims and stuff.
© 2024 Moparts Forums