Moparts

old school 4x4 parts

Posted By: Danny

old school 4x4 parts - 01/05/14 02:44 AM

Im working on a 79 power wagon and have been looking for the old school combination pushbar/grillguard that I think were a factory option but made by Hickey Industries. They also made a front axle truss bar (looks cool). It seems you see these parts on mostly west coast trucks. I can not seem to find them anywhere on the east coast. There was a guy at Carlisle this year that had a nice Top Hand Ramcharger with the grillguard, looks awesome! Wondered if anyone had some good pictures of these parts so maybe I could get a fabricator in my area to build them for me. Thanks, Dan
Posted By: 76dodgeboy

Re: old school 4x4 parts - 01/05/14 03:06 AM

Tophand was the only one I know of with a Factory Brush guard.

Re: old school 4x4 parts - 01/05/14 04:00 AM

I will not dispute that, but I have seen others with the same guard so maybe they were an add on you could order from the dealer?

Re: old school 4x4 parts - 01/05/14 04:18 AM

They all pretty much look the same. Chevy ford or Dodge. very close. I think it easy a JcWhitney thing lol. If you find one Pray its local. their heavy and won't be cheap to ship.

If you can get somebody to make one just take them your truck. Its basically the shape of the grill with the mounting legs.coming down where the bumper bolts are and expanded metal across the center
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: old school 4x4 parts - 01/05/14 04:26 AM

Theres a guy on RCC called Jungle that has the sideplates so you can make your own.

Re: old school 4x4 parts - 01/05/14 09:39 AM

His is the Pushbar style like on the General Lee
Posted By: Golden-Arm

Re: old school 4x4 parts - 01/06/14 06:01 AM

look around online, for fabricators in the oilfields in west texas, eastern new mexico. they do the push bars, grill guards, and all the kind of stuff, the "old school" trucks used to run. the local fab shops sell them right from the shops. i've seen some really cool work out there, from guys working in a 1 bay shop. making stuff to order.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: old school 4x4 parts - 01/06/14 06:19 AM

With a picture of what you want, a good fab shop should be able to build what you want. Be careful mounting them on trucks equipped with driver and passenger air bags. They may alter the air bag function. Gene

Re: old school 4x4 parts - 01/06/14 04:20 PM

He's working on a Pre airbag vehicle
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: old school 4x4 parts - 01/06/14 10:56 PM

Here's an old Top Hand thread with some good pics:
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...rue#Post7701143

Re: old school 4x4 parts - 01/07/14 12:39 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions guys
© 2024 Moparts Forums