Moparts

Sweptline CSS/HPP

Posted By: JRepucci

Sweptline CSS/HPP - 11/22/13 11:22 PM

Anyone here on Moparts have one of these trucks? I have been doing a little research on them after seeing on on a trailer leaving Sacramento... I don't know if it was the HPP version but it had the stripes on the hood and cab.

Attached picture 7933087-CSS.jpg
Posted By: BulletBob

Re: Sweptline CSS/HPP - 11/22/13 11:47 PM

There's a member here who's radar you will be on soon & he can answer your questions for he is the keeper of the registry for them
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: Sweptline CSS/HPP - 11/23/13 12:23 AM

I know of a WSS here in the area..
Posted By: JRepucci

Re: Sweptline CSS/HPP - 11/23/13 01:26 AM

Quote:

WSS?
Posted By: dynotune440

Re: Sweptline CSS/HPP - 11/23/13 01:42 AM

CSS is Custom Sport Special...buckets, fancy interior and stripes.
HPP is High Performance Package 426 Wedge (413 for early ones)
can be had as HPP/CSS
Posted By: Soopernaut

Re: Sweptline CSS/HPP - 11/23/13 02:29 PM

Quote:

There's a member here who's radar you will be on soon & he can answer your questions for he is the keeper of the registry for them

Yeah, Ben's truck is a HPP only.

Re: Sweptline CSS/HPP - 11/23/13 09:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

WSS?

Western Sports Special
Posted By: demon

Re: Sweptline CSS/HPP - 11/23/13 09:35 PM

I have a 64 CSS with the push button automatic transmisision. Bought new in LA. According to Ben ( the CSS site guy and
all around nice guy), mine might be one of the earliest built trucks, possibly even the "Palomino" that was test marketed prior to production. There was an article in a magazine back in 64 where they refered to the truck as the Palomino.
Mine is unusual in that it does not have the side moulding that most 64 CSS trucks have.
Mine also has frame reinforcements called out on the SERT sticker, which are basically steel channel reinforcement welded the bottom of the frame rails between the front and rear suspension points, and a unique engine crossmember. These were factory modifications.
I almost bought a real 426 HPP about 7 years ago. It seemed a bit pricey at the time but I should have bought it.
Posted By: LilRed7879

Re: Sweptline CSS/HPP - 11/24/13 03:46 AM

I have a 67 CSS short bed

http://www.dodgeconnection.com/page/page/3979251.htm

Ben keeps a lot of info and the registry here

http://www.cssregistry.com/css/index.html

Re: Sweptline CSS/HPP - 11/24/13 01:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

WSS?

Western Sports Special

And what is that exactly? I've been into Sweptline Era trucks for a long time and have done lots of research on them but never heard of a truck called a Western Sports Special. I have heard that used on cars though.

Sometimes there were "specials" that were just for marketing purposes that grouped together certain popular options for a discounted price (White Hat Special), but these were not actual models or trim levels.

Re: Sweptline CSS/HPP - 11/24/13 02:22 PM

Oops, after rechecking its a CSS. Im sorry for the missinfo..
Posted By: Forwardlook

Re: Sweptline CSS/HPP - 11/24/13 08:04 PM

I have a 1964 D100 Sweptline CSS, originally a 225 truck...
Posted By: Mopar2DBone

Re: Sweptline CSS/HPP - 12/17/13 06:45 PM

There are two of the HPP trucks in my town.. Very rare truck from my understanding.. I believe they are the only sweptlines with a factory tach..

Re: Sweptline CSS/HPP - 12/17/13 08:51 PM

Quote:

There are two of the HPP trucks in my town.. Very rare truck from my understanding.. I believe they are the only sweptlines with a factory tach..

Not true. They are the only ones with a 6,000rpm tach. Any truck could be ordered with a tachometer.

Re: Sweptline CSS/HPP - 12/17/13 09:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Not true. They are the only ones with a 6,000rpm tach. Any truck could be ordered with a tachometer.

Cool... I'm no expert on them for sure....

Re: Sweptline CSS/HPP - 12/18/13 08:58 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Cool... I'm no expert on them for sure....

Actually, I should elaborate a little more.

The 6,000rpm tachometer was used in the 69-71 trucks with the heavy duty gauge package, but there were no HPP trucks in those years. The 61-68 trucks used a 5,000rpm tachometer when one was ordered and the HPP trucks got a 6,000rpm version. The 69-71 tachs looked different in appearance than the 61-68 tachs, so it is easy to distinguish between them.

Re: Sweptline CSS/HPP - 12/20/13 02:16 AM

Both trucks in my town are 1966 D200's... And both are in really nice condition..
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: Sweptline CSS/HPP - 12/22/13 10:58 PM

My uncle Chris has a 64 HPP 426 wedge truck. Very rare, he bought it from original owner. Chris's dad actually checked the truck in new at the local dealership he worked at. Have a picture of it and Chris is standing next to the trailer. The truck is almost done, His is numbers matching except for the rear center chunk. I built the 426, the 727, and helped on the chassis. Cab is on it, box is close, fenders done, hood done, engine and trans in frame, cab on frame. His is a rarer custom cab, his is black and white. Top of cab is white. Ill try to round up pictures. From what Ben told us there is only 12 or so of these around.
Posted By: funnycar65

Re: Sweptline CSS/HPP - 12/23/13 02:17 AM

I bought a 64 D100 CSS short wheelbase Utiline (STEPSIDE)one of only 3 currently known or so I've been told

Attached picture 7967867-00r0r_215JKXBX3Fp_600x450.jpg
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Sweptline CSS/HPP - 12/23/13 04:38 PM

Very cool, I have never seen a CSS utiline!

Re: Sweptline CSS/HPP - 12/23/13 09:09 PM

There is also one known CSS crew cab.

Posted By: demon

Re: Sweptline CSS/HPP - 12/25/13 09:26 PM

Quote:

There is also one known CSS crew cab.

I have looked at this truck in person. It belonged to a buddy of mine for a while. I should have bought it. It had factory bucket seats! Chrysler built some great one off vehicles.
Posted By: Ruppman

Re: Sweptline CSS/HPP - 12/25/13 11:38 PM

reminds me of this one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozksR8QLWzM
© 2024 Moparts Forums