Moparts

Any 06 Dodge 2500 owners here?

Posted By: Lawn Monkey

Any 06 Dodge 2500 owners here? - 10/30/13 01:32 PM

I recently bought a 06 2500, automatic tranny, base model no frills old style basic key (No Fob No Chip), question is to remove key from ignition do I have to turn the key all the way back and then one click forward to remove?
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Any 06 Dodge 2500 owners here? - 10/30/13 02:13 PM

No you don't, or shouldn't have to. Shift cable or interlock may not be adjusted properly.
Posted By: Lawn Monkey

Re: Any 06 Dodge 2500 owners here? - 10/30/13 02:23 PM

thanks, bad news but i appreciate next post how to r and r iggy switch
Posted By: cascius

Re: Any 06 Dodge 2500 owners here? - 10/30/13 06:25 PM

Quote:

I recently bought a 06 2500, automatic tranny, base model no frills old style basic key (No Fob No Chip), question is to remove key from ignition do I have to turn the key all the way back and then one click forward to remove?

Technically, Yes. All the way back should be the accessory position. In my '03 it goes Accessory-Lock(remove key)-Off(vehicle not in park would prevent you from removing key in this position)-Run-Start as the positions of the key.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Any 06 Dodge 2500 owners here? - 10/30/13 06:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Technically, Yes. All the way back should be the accessory position. In my '03 it goes Accessory-Lock(remove key)-Off(vehicle not in park would prevent you from removing key in this position)-Run-Start as the positions of the key.

But you don't have to turn it to the acc position first and then to lock to get the key out. That's why I suggested the shifter cable or interlock is not adjusted correctly.
Posted By: Garry Owen

Re: Any 06 Dodge 2500 owners here? - 10/31/13 01:55 AM

I have an 06 2500 and its pretty much muscle memory but ill check. I do believe mine is all the way counterclockwise to release and one clockwise to acc.

Nope, I was wrong. Acc is all the way counterclockwise.
Posted By: cascius

Re: Any 06 Dodge 2500 owners here? - 10/31/13 03:02 PM

Quote:

But you don't have to turn it to the acc position first and then to lock to get the key out. That's why I suggested the shifter cable or interlock is not adjusted correctly.

The interlock should only come into play when trying to get the vehicle out of park. If the shifter cable were not adjusted properly, it wouldn't let the key turn past the off position to go to lock or accessory. He would also have issues with the vehicle not starting because the Park/neutral switch wouldn't see that it was in park. My best guess by the info given is he is turning the ignition counterclockwise past the lock position to the acc position which is where the tumbler stops turning. To remove the key he would then have to turn the tumbler one click forward, or clockwise, to the lock position.
© 2024 Moparts Forums