Moparts

P brake cables

Posted By: 340SHORTY

P brake cables - 10/05/13 05:51 AM

I hate em.. Was going to take the shorty to the car wash today.. The darm pass side cable is stuchk.. Cant do any
Posted By: redraptor

Re: P brake cables - 10/05/13 12:29 PM

Did someone mention pee break?

Re: P brake cables - 10/05/13 12:47 PM

Quote:

Did someone mention pee break?

Posted By: old_goat

Re: P brake cables - 10/06/13 02:13 AM

Sounds like ya need some pb blaster....no pun intended....welll maybe, lol
Posted By: 85_Ram_4speed

Re: P brake cables - 10/06/13 02:23 PM

Quote:

I hate em.. Was going to take the shorty to the car wash today.. The darm pass side cable is stuchk..

That is why the newer plastic coated cables are sooo much better. But I have too seen instances where even they get stuck. I agree, I hate them when they dont work right. If the vehicle is to sit for a length of time, I do not put the parking brake on, I will chock the wheel instead (talking stick shift stuff here).

Re: P brake cables - 10/06/13 07:31 PM

Quote:

Sounds like ya need some pb blaster....no pun intended....welll maybe, lol

I wouldnt use that foul smelling, worthless crap on my trucks...
Posted By: Polarapete

Re: P brake cables - 10/06/13 08:33 PM

Back in the late 60's I worked for a Shell station and the old time owner had us lube the parking brake cables as part of a normal lube job. The neighborhood had a lot of steep hills and everybody used their parking brakes or suffered the consequences! Some years later my father-in-law borrowed my dad's '86 Mitsubishi pickup (2.0 & 5 speed) and parked it (in 2nd gear, no P brake applied)on a slight grade in his driveway. During the night the truck started moving backwards as compression bled down, hit several trees on the way down and destroyed the bed! The bill was over $1,200.00 and a bone of contention for years. FIL wanted my dad's insurance to cover it and dad wouldn't have it. Use the P-brake and avoid problems, that is what it is there for.

Re: P brake cables - 10/07/13 03:08 AM

Have I ever mentioned how much I like AeroKroil ?????
© 2024 Moparts Forums