Moparts

Windshield Replacement Price?

Posted By: rnch

Windshield Replacement Price? - 10/01/13 02:51 AM

What would be a decent price to pay for a new windshield installed in my '85 D-150 regular cab?
Posted By: E-Ticket

Re: Windshield Replacement Price? - 10/01/13 03:07 AM

Not sure what they are going for on that era of truck but you may want to do what I did which is call your insurance agent and ask him/her what kind of price you can get for one installed.

I called mine and asked that same question recently and he hooked me up with the people they use for glass replacement and for my 98, they quoted me $259.00 installed.....not to bad IMO.....
Posted By: herkamer

Re: Windshield Replacement Price? - 10/01/13 04:23 AM

Last one I bought was a Pilkington (formerly PPG) and paid $125 installed. Pays to shop around, this guy was the cheapest by far.
Posted By: 76dodgeboy

Re: Windshield Replacement Price? - 10/01/13 06:32 AM

Well one way to look at other is if you try yourself and break your windshield while installing your out a windshield. If the break their windshield that they are installing in your truck you still get a Good windshield installed in your truck. Shop around. Even if you have to drive $50-100 miles as long as its cost affective. Tried helping a buddy and said it was a bad idea the whole time. Guess who ended up having to by another Rubber seal and a new windshield. Not me lol. Other cracked and the shop told him we screwed up the rubber. I'll never try it again.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Windshield Replacement Price? - 10/01/13 06:01 PM

Last one I got replaced on my 74 D100 was $185 with a new rubber seal. Like was said shop around for a good price. I found a place that sold auto glass to other shops. They were by far the cheapest and did it in about and hour at their shop.
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Windshield Replacement Price? - 10/01/13 10:46 PM

Quote:

Last one I got replaced on my 74 D100 was $185 with a new rubber seal. Like was said shop around for a good price. I found a place that sold auto glass to other shops. They were by far the cheapest and did it in about and hour at their shop.

Same here

Rickster
© 2024 Moparts Forums