Moparts

What Do You Do With Your Jeep?

Posted By: MuuMuu101

What Do You Do With Your Jeep? - 09/09/13 04:29 PM

Went out to the dessert this weekend and I finally got to drive the baja car. It was fun and I thoroughly enjoyed going offroading. We were driving through trails and going off jumps at 25-30 mph. We really pushed the car but broke it later in the day. Then we got stuck in a flash flood and had to scramble out of the desert. I have the full story of what happened on the general section. Anyways, I was wondering, what purpose your Jeeps serve? What kind of terrains do you take it through? Or do you just daily drive it? I always liked the idea of getting a Jeep. Pictures would be a plus.

Here's my write-up on my adventure :
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...e=1#Post7843669
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: What Do You Do With Your Jeep? - 09/09/13 10:07 PM

well...I do not have a jeep 'per say' but my son piglet parks his jeep in the yard. so I help myself to it now and again.

it is the 'woods/swamp/trail rig' I did like it better with the doors on, but he said it is only a shock to fl hicks because they dont see it much..but jeepers out west run them this way..

I said wait till it is mid july here in Fl and you are stuck 25 miles into back wood trails with no doors. tee shirts and shorts with the sun going down. no doors//what a nim cow poop

here is what I used it for the other day.

I do have to say, the jeep does scratch pretty good with the rear welded up.

Attached picture 7845630-piglet1.jpg
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: What Do You Do With Your Jeep? - 09/09/13 10:08 PM

Attached picture 7845634-piglet2.jpg
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: What Do You Do With Your Jeep? - 09/10/13 12:04 AM

Mine is a home for any type of bug or spider that feels like living in it. It may see the light of day one year, who knows?
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: What Do You Do With Your Jeep? - 09/10/13 12:55 AM

Scratch,,, Your rolling stock is mounted wrong for wheeling..
Posted By: hp383

Re: What Do You Do With Your Jeep? - 09/10/13 01:06 AM

Attached picture 7845928-8551.jpg

Re: What Do You Do With Your Jeep? - 09/10/13 01:56 AM

So, the Jeeps on the "Tuck. Jeep, & 4x4" section sit and rust? Seems counterproductive . (Besides Scratchin's )

Re: What Do You Do With Your Jeep? - 09/10/13 01:57 AM

Quote:

Funny, I was wondering how awesome it would be to drive a Jeep through the flash flood.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: What Do You Do With Your Jeep? - 09/10/13 04:15 AM

I've had our XJ for about four years now and have spent alot of time exploring in the deserts of western AZ and the Mohave Preserve in CA. Lots of areas I won't go out in when it's raining. Flash floods kill every year out here. It's amazing how it can be raining miles away, and a wall of water will flow. Gotta respect!
Posted By: Ruppman

Re: What Do You Do With Your Jeep? - 09/10/13 11:10 PM

ask Goody, he knows what a Jeep is built for!
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: What Do You Do With Your Jeep? - 09/12/13 08:22 PM

I daily on 37s and do rock crawling..there is lots of it where you're at as well. I can usually net 15mpg or so out of it, which isn't bad with 125lb wheels [ea].

I don't care for mud in it, I can do that in a beatup pickup truck and I don't necessarily do high speed stuff in it. I get quite a kick out of crawling, it can be very technical driving and you can see quick results of modifications [tires, beadlocks, lockers, more travel, etc]....best thing I like about it is it's pretty much infinitely customizable and by most everything you can DIY if you can turn a wrench and weld.

I bought mine brand new in '09

She can stretch her legs pretty well with a short arm

Posted By: zrxkawboy

Re: What Do You Do With Your Jeep? - 09/12/13 11:30 PM

"What Do You Do With Your Jeep?"

Wrench on it.

Quote:

Anyways, I was wondering, what purpose your Jeeps serve?

Keeps my wallet empty.
Posted By: Cooter

Re: What Do You Do With Your Jeep? - 09/22/13 09:39 PM

<<<<<<<<
Posted By: Defbob

Re: What Do You Do With Your Jeep? - 09/23/13 01:11 AM

http://youtu.be/u90qGqWbI7I
Posted By: pinkduster

Re: What Do You Do With Your Jeep? - 09/23/13 02:54 AM

Daily driver. The most off roading it'll probably see is my yard. I hate to see it even get dirty. lol
Posted By: Mass_Mopar

Re: What Do You Do With Your Jeep? - 09/23/13 06:22 PM

Daily drive, beach, camp, trails
No rock crawling or mudding

© 2024 Moparts Forums