Moparts

BB accessory brackets

Posted By: CTD5.9

BB accessory brackets - 06/06/13 09:31 PM

I'm putting a 400 into my mud truck, the engine came out of my dad's collection and every time I look at the pulleys and belts all I can think of is there has to be a better way. Currently looks like this.

Does anyone know what they should look like? or if an aftermarket system like 440 sources "serpentine" pulleys would work instead?
Posted By: redraptor

Re: BB accessory brackets - 06/06/13 11:54 PM

What's the lower idler for? If you can illiminate that it looks fine to me.
Posted By: 76dodgeboy

Re: BB accessory brackets - 06/07/13 12:56 AM

Eliminate. Hah. Everyone eliminated it. its easily bi-passed. They don't sell/make the idlers anymore.
Posted By: Golden-Arm

Re: BB accessory brackets - 06/07/13 12:58 AM

lose the p/s and the idlers. simple.
Posted By: 76dodgeboy

Re: BB accessory brackets - 06/07/13 01:02 AM

Don't need that in a mud truck
Posted By: CTD5.9

Re: BB accessory brackets - 06/07/13 03:11 PM

My tsl boggers already go wherever they want, I need as much help as I can in the steering department.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I am going to get rid of that lower idler and see how the belts line up with the 100amp alternator to see if that one can go as well. although I still might try replacing them with something like this
Posted By: Golden-Arm

Re: BB accessory brackets - 06/07/13 04:06 PM

wow, someone has some deep pockets!!

really, an electric waterpump, no p/s and all you need is one belt to the alternator, but scratchin' will tell you, why you don't even need that for a mudder.
Posted By: 77ProStreet

Re: BB accessory brackets - 06/07/13 11:36 PM

Quote:

although I still might try replacing them with something like this

That's the setup I went with. Nice stuff.
Posted By: redraptor

Re: BB accessory brackets - 06/08/13 12:23 AM

Quote:

My tsl boggers already go wherever they want, I need as much help as I can in the steering department.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I am going to get rid of that lower idler and see how the belts line up with the 100amp alternator to see if that one can go as well. although I still might try replacing them with something like this

My boggers work well too. My small block is set up like that with a 100 amp. Even my 440 2wd tow truck had a high mounted power steering pump without that wierd idler.
© 2024 Moparts Forums