Moparts

Problem with GC trans Made a bang

Posted By: 69Mannix

Problem with GC trans Made a bang - 06/05/13 11:39 PM

My wifes car is babied most of the time, and never had a problem with transmission 2006 V-6 started away from a light and it made a bang and rolled to a stop. She wants to sell and any shop just wants to rebuild the trans. I feel it is an input or output shaft has broken, and just want to fix that. Any ideas? Maybe between trans and transfer case? Any help or similar stories would help. I am in China and on my way home. Thanks
Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: Problem with GC trans Made a bang - 06/05/13 11:53 PM

if GC stands for grand caravan I have seen a lot of broken axel shafts which is an easy fix, I have also seen a number of them snap the splines out of the planets that means removing the trans and taking it completely apart.
Posted By: Golden-Arm

Re: Problem with GC trans Made a bang - 06/05/13 11:56 PM

gc here usually means grand cherokee. junkyard swap is a better deal than a rebuild, especially if you're selling/trading it.
Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: Problem with GC trans Made a bang - 06/06/13 11:58 PM

if that's the case I would check out the T-case first.

Re: Problem with GC trans Made a bang - 06/10/13 02:57 AM

Anybody know how hard it is to replace a trans in this Grand Cherokee?
Posted By: Golden-Arm

Re: Problem with GC trans Made a bang - 06/10/13 03:57 AM

what trans is it? they all are just a handful of bolts, and a couple of plugged in wire connections.
Posted By: dynotune440

Re: Problem with GC trans Made a bang - 06/10/13 03:23 PM

it should not be too bad to replace. if it is an 06, and your the original owners, that had lifetime powertrain..
I would honestly look into LKQ for a used one... No transmission shop will guarantee one that is not completely gone through....
Glad to hear you coming back stateside...

Re: Problem with GC trans Made a bang - 06/10/13 06:36 PM

Quote:

it should not be too bad to replace. if it is an 06, and your the original owners, that had lifetime powertrain..
I would honestly look into LKQ for a used one... No transmission shop will guarantee one that is not completely gone through....
Glad to hear you coming back stateside...

I am glad to come home, The situation sucks
© 2024 Moparts Forums