Moparts

std cab seat options for my 78

Posted By: chrisf

std cab seat options for my 78 - 06/05/13 02:13 PM

my 78 has a factory bucket seat option but the original buckets are long gone and look like crap compared to the rest of the truck. so thinking of maybe going back to a stock bench or something else, what do you guys have in your standard cab 70-80's trucks? need some ideas
Posted By: Mopar2DBone

Re: std cab seat options for my 78 - 06/05/13 02:36 PM

I like the factory buckets and in my neck of the woods those things are EXTREMELY hard to find. If it was me I would have the buckets recovered/repaired and keep on trucking.. I just don't like not having a place to rest my elbow with the bench seat.. Plus I really don't like the look of some other non factory seat in the truck. Just ruins it for me..
Posted By: chrisf

Re: std cab seat options for my 78 - 06/05/13 03:00 PM

the factory buckets are gone. not sure what they put in. the base and armrest are original though.

Re: std cab seat options for my 78 - 06/05/13 04:01 PM

Quote:

the factory buckets are gone. not sure what they put in. the base and armrest are original though.

Well I would sell what you have on E-Bay and just find a nice factory bench seat... Again just my ...
Posted By: 76dodgeboy

Re: std cab seat options for my 78 - 06/05/13 04:12 PM

Low back Ramharger/Trailduster seats. The high back Rc/Tdma seats fit bit if your Tall or "Heavy" Not real comfy. My buddy picked up a truck a few yrs ago for the motor and Im a heavy guy and the truck had Buckets and actually was comfy. Not sure what they were from but I kept them.

Re: std cab seat options for my 78 - 06/05/13 04:23 PM

Agree that any buckets need to be low back. The way the inside of the cab sticks out below rear window makes high back seats sit too close to steering wheel. Or that's been my experience anyway but I am a fat boy..
Posted By: Golden-Arm

Re: std cab seat options for my 78 - 06/05/13 05:03 PM

measure the area the seat needs to go, then head to the junkyard. you might fine a dakota or new ram with a set of seats that will fit. you might have to fab or modify the seat mounts, but the comfort of the newer seats can't be beat. try dodgeconnection.com if you want a used seat. there's always some for sale there, and the site also sells the seat cover kits to recover them, if needed.
Posted By: 77ProStreet

Re: std cab seat options for my 78 - 06/06/13 12:44 AM

I like the bench...more seating and you can find them everywhere for cheap, at least here in W. Washington.
Posted By: hp383

Re: std cab seat options for my 78 - 06/06/13 01:45 AM

For bench 72 to 93 will fit. Somewhere between 78-81ish they started making the frames from lighter weight, or less, metal and they (newer ones) dont seem as well built

Re: std cab seat options for my 78 - 06/06/13 03:44 AM

Quote:

For bench 72 to 93 will fit. Somewhere between 78-81ish they started making the frames from lighter weight, or less, metal and they (newer ones) dont seem as well built

Seems the same could be said about the entire truck..
Posted By: bboogieart

Re: std cab seat options for my 78 - 06/06/13 02:17 PM

Posted By: bigblock340power

Re: std cab seat options for my 78 - 06/06/13 04:43 PM

I was going to try to go with seats like those in the LRE. But got to be to hard to find, and expensive too.
So here's my (factory) bench seat. I like it.

Re: std cab seat options for my 78 - 06/06/13 04:58 PM

^^^ Nice...
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: std cab seat options for my 78 - 06/06/13 05:09 PM

Attached picture 7733085-70truck006(640x480).jpg
Posted By: Polarapete

Re: std cab seat options for my 78 - 06/06/13 06:30 PM

I have a pair of what appears to me late '70s low back truck buckets in B5 blue that need seams repaired or new covers, otherwise good condition that I would like to sell. I bought them with the mounting rack, but I won't sell that. Instead I found that I can fit 2002 Durango buckets on the rack and I can buy seat covers from Rockauto.com to change the color to match my '87 interior. I need to work a little on the mounting brackets, but it should be easy. I will then fab a jockey box and hinge it in front so that I can access a sixpack with ease. I already have the beer-can rear window.
Posted By: Golden-Arm

Re: std cab seat options for my 78 - 06/06/13 06:39 PM

pay the shipping, and put a bench back in. http://cnj.en.craigslist.org/pts/3804697976.html seats aren't hard to find, you just need to decide which one you want.

i like ramcharger seats, with the large center console and the built in cupholders.
© 2024 Moparts Forums